Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having battled with the piano black plastic around the touchscreen for a month now I've finally given in and come up with the solution below.

The full story.....

This plastic is so fragile, i used glass wipes to clean mine on day 4 of ownership and it just scratched up really bad. When the light caught it it looked horrible, full of swirl marks and scuffs.

Have tried everything to polish them out with no success from plastic polish to fine jewellery polishing cloths. 

So the solution - I measured, prototyped and produced these carbon fibre look vinyl stickers using adobe illustrator and a vinyl sticker cutter. Very pleased with the results and no more scratch heartbreak. 

I'm thinking of selling this sticker kit on ebay. Opinions?

Edited by: arweljames

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I like it! Not had this problem myself, as mine doesn't seem to be scratched at all, but it's a good idea.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should have named the post 'extreme OCD' as in 95% of all lighting conditions the scratches are invisible but when the light catches it you'll see what I mean. Shine your phone light on it in the dark & look closely.....

Waw, writing that down I think I actually need help!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Mine is covered in micro scratches as well. I would also be interested in these stickers :)

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
This is great.

I actually have a large roll of Carbon Fibre effect sticker at home and I have been contemplating where I could use it.

I originally bought it to cover the black door area s mine had white finger marks on it.

Would you be willing to send me the template so I can make a sticker for my surround?

·
Registered
2 Posts
please please please can I purchase one of this off yourself. I have just bought a Peugeot 208 and the surround to the touch screen so scratched. been a perfectionist it's driving me mad
many thanks
Jo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you please message me so I can purchase one I'm desperate to cover the scratches 07903459922 would pay you in your PayPal if it was ok
Many thanks
Jo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts