Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS
AT LASTPEUGEOT HAVE AGREED TO UPDATE MY SAT NAV TO INCLUDE THE FULL UK POSTCODE FOC. ANYONE ELSE WISHING TO UPDATE I SUGGEST YOU RING PEUGEOT CUSTOMER CARE ON 02476 884000. THEY SHOULD THEN GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR DEALER WHO WILL ARRANGE A SUITABLE FITTING TIME. ITS ONLY A SOFTWARE UPDATE TAKES ABOUT 20 MINS. HAVING MINE DONE NEXT WEEK SO FINGERS CROSSED !!!!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phoned the customer care line and they said they would do a free upgrade. got to take it to the dealers sometime next week will post how I get on.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Does anyone know what the current display version for the maps. I had my smeg updated the other day, but was told to update my maps, I would have to pay. As my car was registered in March, I want to make sure it is all current.this is what I have.
Smeg is now 3.7
CD 1182
Bluetooth 1.25
Display sw6.0matrice2
Map,softDbDwnl_259/gruppo_203

·
Registered
5 Posts
So no idea how you have got this for free. Customer care and my Peugeot dealer robins and day Peugeot Morden were adamant I have to pay.

I told them how this has caused me issue since owning the car and that you need to know a full address to ensure you are going to the right place. Neither were having it. Customer care said ring dealer. Dealer wanted £150 to do it and I said that's extortion as it is a fix that the UK market needs.

I am on just add fuel and still not covered. Looks very bad on Peugeot and I said I will take this into consideration when choosing my next car. Hardly good customer service is it.

Hopefully someone can source the update on here so we can all just apply it. They also started talking about SD cards etc before finally calling me back and realising exactly how this update works.

Clueless!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update: just had a moan at customer care who seem a bit more forgiving. They have opened a case for me and should here back next week. Shouldn't take this much lobbying to get a sime fix applied to your sat nav. Especially as it can be put onto the internet, downloaded and installed within about 10 minutes myself.

Oh well. Let's see what happens.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I have now been in contact with customer care. They also gave me a case number and said they would phone back in 2 days. They returned the call and stated that my dealers have been instructed to order an updated disc as a good will gesture.
I'm happy but think any updates to maps or des plays should be free when you have a Peugeot service or at least free for the 1st year

·
Registered
5 Posts
UPDATE: Customer care got back in touch with me this morning and offered the same as JonJak. Instructed my dealer (robins and day morden) to order me the update as a gesture of goodwill.

At least it can be done but should be free (at least the software fix for satnav).

Hope others are able to get the same.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Just had a call from Robins & day to say they will cover the cost of my nav update !!!

woo hoo , thanks to Stuart @ Peugeot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just in the process of buying a 208xy and asked them to make sure that it had the postcode upgrade, my dealer friend who picked it up for me said the garage says there is no map update so anyway I find out its not been done and the local Peugeot garage have told him its not a free upgrade it has to be requested through Peugeot, who will then decide if you are worthy of the upgrade, luckily my dealer friend is right next door to a Peugeot dealer but still have to ring up
I ve had a 207 for 8 years had no hesitation in going for a 208 ex demo but little things like this just wind me up when there's no need for it at all. How much better thought of Peugeot would be if they did it foc at a service or MOT or a minor recall, just letting customers know that there is an upgrade and if they so wish just to book in to there local dealer instead of going through this performance.
Well news for you Peugeot I like a lot of other people I work dammed hard to save up for a car and trivial things like this might not mean much to you but next time I come to spend my hard earned cash it might not be on the same make, do not take us for granted we all have choices.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Eventually got my update for free too. Awaiting Robins & Day to get back to me after they've got the "authorisation and serial numbers and instructions on how to actually do it because we've not actually done one before"

Fills me with lots of confidence, that does

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all spoke to my peugeot dealer I had the update done still won't let me do full post code I rang them back up they said it never do full 7 postcode :/ is this true or not

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definitely not true had mine done 3 or 4 weeks ago and is now perfect. Keep chasing them.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Dazz you sure they updated your satnav and not your smeg?Edited by: DaveGTi

·
Registered
4 Posts
I pleaded with customer service to do the post code update, not a hope in hell said it costs them to much quoted 200 to 250 yet on there website its a customer upgrade at 129 pounds, there was 2 updates in 2013 and a new one set to be released May 2014, even head of customer service didnt know this it asks for your vin number make and model as it does other makes https://peugeot.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-PeugeotEMEA-Site/-/-/-/Default-Start
customer services knew nothing of this, comes as a download stick it on a pen drive load, she was going to charge me 35 pounds just for the install time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The saga continues...

Went to Peugeot Morden Robins and Day yesterday for the "update" to the Sat Nav. Took an hour for them to do the update and asked had this fixed the postcode and they said "probably". Got back in car and tried it, still doesn't work.

Can those who have had the update work, can they advise what version of SMEG and Maps are. Also is the there a new option to enter postcode? Or can you now enter a full postcode in the city option where postcodes where used previously?

Any help would be appreciated as this is getting frustrating.

My versions are:

SMEG - 3.17
Maps - V55.2

1 - 20 of 45 Posts