Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HURRAH there is an update to enable the full 7 digit UK postcode to be entered on the satnav. the bad news is you have to spend £129 on the new map updates to get it. My dealer says PEUGEOT are not going to do a free upgrade to existing customers. I think a lot of complaining letters / emails to Peugeot would be a good idea.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi all,

just took the plunge, and bought the sat nav map updates for uk & Ireland plus the speed cam update for a year.

the speed cam update went on the system no problem, as for the maps cannot get them to load onto the system just keeps saying (verifyingmedia data) no happy

getting in touch with the map suppliers awaiting reply.

in all cost me £96.00.

will let you all know if it was worth it when I get it running.

regards Puggyman208.

p.s I am running smeg 3.17 anybody else got this revision.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Puggyman I have the same version of software as you. be interested to hear if you succeed in installing the new maps and if it cures the post code problem. Please let us know -- and if it does how about selling it on !!! I assume it is on a usb stick.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi rubberball,
unfortunately peugeot are not daft the maps are tied into your vinNumber when you download them. You also get a key which has to be put in when asked for by the sat nav in the 208

I have spoke with them this morning and they are sending me a link to download the maps again I will. Keep you all informed.

regards puggyman208

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi all,

Just to give you all an update on the new map update 2014.

After a large amount of problems installing the map update I have managed to get them to install on my 208.c

here maps who supply the map updates were really helpful.

the satnav does now support full uk postcodes and adds new Poi.

it also seems a lot faster.

you must use a 4gb memory stick formatted to fat32 to install the map updates and turn of your virus software on your Pc when you uzip the file to your usb stick.

regards Puggyman208

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I am now in a very dark place. I think i may be getting to old for technology??
I can not find the option to enter any post code.
Am I to believe that this option only comes with the new update?
Why is it not on cars registered in March 2014?
Think I may try and phone them now!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
puggyman208 said:
Hi rubberball,
unfortunately peugeot are not daft the maps are tied into your vinNumber when you download them. You also get a key which has to be put in when asked for by the sat nav in the 208

I have spoke with them this morning and they are sending me a link to download the maps again I will. Keep you all informed.

regards puggyman208

There is a way to get around the key to put in which is tied to your VIN number, a quick Google should sort you out, don't want to post anything not allowed on here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts