Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Not sure if this works for the SatNav enabled units, but on mine you hold the Menu button for a few seconds and then it displays software versions for firmware, bluetooth, etc.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
The latest firmware version is 3.17 as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

My GTI has not been any fun! I think I have just been really unlucky and ended up with a 'Friday Car' so two new screens, a new front seat, new wheel arches, various other bits and bobs....I finally went in and asked for my money back....at the same time demonstrated the lousy sat nav to the senior service manager, at first he said it was the way I was using it, then I asked him to try and find a few example addresses. He couldn't. He then admitted that there is no plan as far as he is aware to provide any update for the UK market. He agreed that the sat nav it pretty useless as it stands. I've been offered free servicing for two years, and have already had a set of roof bars - bit I'd rather have a car that works. I'm so disappointed!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hi DrMong,

I don't own the GTi, would have if I could have afforded it, but I feel your pain. I'm trying to live with my 208 but I feel as soon as I can afford it I will trade in for a Polo or Fiesta. The 208 was supposed to be Peugeot's "comeback" to quality and reliability, the technology and construction of this car is showing anything but! I think an ST would be a nice alternative to the GTi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its a real shame, as the car drives quite well. I'm so disappointed with the stereo system (the very poor interface with the iPod) the overall technical failure that I have been experiencing. I took it in today to have the temp sensor looked at as the alarms were going off. I'm afraid I almost lost my temper when told it would be needed for a day of diagnostics then it would come back for any parts to be fitted. I understand this to a point, but I have read on this forum of this issue so I would have hoped they could have ordered a part on standby. Like everyone on here I have a busy life, I just cant keep taking time out to drive to the dealership leave the car and suffer major inconvenience like this. The car is only 6 months old. (As it happened I decided not to leave the car. They can arrange to come and pick it up, I have so fallen out of love with it.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update for everyone...well today my sat nav (a completely new unit) started doing more novel things. On my drive into work today it decided to start telling me about points of interest aong the way. I hadn't asked it to and couldn't stop it... then about 10 minutes later it plotted a route all by itself! Sometimes this is amusing, but to be honest it is driving me mad. Am I the only person that experiences such odd behaviour? They have changed the unit, so there is either something else about the car that is affecting it or this is an inherent fault??

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
G'day all,The satnav in my GTi seems to work reasonably well, but not as user friendly as my old Garmin 'add on'. But it does a couple of odd things. First, if I save the current location, the actual location saved may be up to 1/2 km away. Very annoying when I try to navigate back there ! Other problem is using waypoints. Took a while to work out how to enter them, then when navigating, it says I've arrived at a waypoint a long way from it, then wants me to go to the next !
Has anyone noticed similar probs ?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
The smeg unit(hardware) is great, its the software that suck like horse sh*t... but luckily i haven't got any problem... yet...I really really hope we get a update for everything to SMEG, navi and more themes or a software to our computers for making our own themes... (dreams can go on...)

On topic:
Your Smeg unit maybe aren't calibrated correctly. When I looked in my Diagbox/pp2000 I saw in the repair section that if something is wrong with the screen you could recalibrate it. Don't know if it only was for the touchscreen...

Go back to the dealer/service manager.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts