Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Could anyone help me?I have a 208 XY & was told by the dealer where I purchased the car that it did not have post code recognition for the Sat Nav.
While at a show I spoke to another dealer who said that all208's could be set with post code recognition.
Could anyone tell me who is correct?
Would the Sat Nav need updating? It is only 5 weeks old.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Hi
You should be able to put in a partial post code ie SO54 1W but have heard there is an update on the way to enable the whole postcode to be entered. If you look on the ice discussion page you will see more on this subject.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the software upgrade installed Europe 2013-2

Post codes work, sort of. But if the area is on a border ie England/Wales, many Welsh places are shown to be in England.

Being picky, but the English flag is not the Union Jack!!

Still uses the Old Welsh counties that went out in 1996!!! So Peugeot still using outdated databases

Umpteen smaller villages don't exist either in England & Wales.

But if your car is recent, get back to your dealer and get it for free. It's not fit for purpose!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I collected my new XY last Thursday and it has 7 digit postcode capability. Hooray! I knew about the issue and told the dealer I didn't want it until it was sorted. Don't know how it works because I haven't had time to play with it yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys just treated myself to a 200 active, the issue around the sat nav not being able to input full UK postcode,I have had a play with it and you can do this. When you get the screen where it says country city street etc keep your finger on the drop down arrow next to city, which you should get a screen enabling you to input the full postcode. Hope this helps Chris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts