Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 208 Feline for 3 weeks now and the only gripe I have about it is you cant put in a post code to navigate to definately not as good as a TomTom. Was going to get rid of mine but now I think I will keep it.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Ah interesting, glad we didn't order one know - the car we test drive had a sat nav unit and I had a play with it - display was good but I did find it a little fiddly to use and couldn't work out a postcode entry option but had manual to check. Think that is a bit disapointing to be honest but have heard this can be quite common with built in units.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Hi,I thought you could enter a part postcode but not full postcode - ie. LS14 7 and then select from a list of streets.

Reviews I have read suggest it is a little fiddly to use mind.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Glad a solution has been found - if you can enter a part post code dont see why you cant enter full postcode however but if that's how it works at least it gives you the option.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
A lot of new cars with built in sat navs only do part postcode search for some reason. Including so called 'premium' ones from BMW, Merc etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do you do a partial postcode look up? I can't seem to find that option on mine but it would be really useful! It's really tedious entering an address right now!

·
Read Only
40 Posts
I have typed in my full address and the satnav takes me to the top of the road and not the part where house is. Does it every time. I also tried entering the first part of the post code and the road name and that was even worse. I cannot believe how atrocius the system is. My portable one of seven years ago was better than this. Is there no other software available does anyone know?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got my 208
and played around with the sat nav. Given the lack of full postcode entry, I thought I'd try my luck with coordinates (latitude and longitude) which I got off Google maps.

Unfortunately the sat nav does not accept decimal coordinates as far as I can see, only degrees minutes and seconds. Back onto the PC to convert them and I find that the sat nav only accepts integers for the seconds, so it is still not as accurate as I'd like. D'oh!

·
Read Only
40 Posts
I have been told that a UK fit for purpose GPS piece of software is being user tested. Hopefully this will be available soon - try your local dealer for update.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I'm so glad I didn't have a Sat Nav as an optional extra. I use the one on my ageing Nokia on the very few occasions when I need it. Considering how much it would have cost I'm amazed that Peugeot even offer it as an option.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi all,
I have the satnav on my feline, I think it is quite good once you get used to it.

I have asked the question on lots of occasions at Peugeot andhave been told that a update to fix this would be available which would also include voice control.

the best thing we can all do is contact Peugeot and have it logged as aproblem the more people complain the sooner the update will be sent out to the dealers for upload to the 208s.

this will be done when your car goes it for servicing or other work under .

regards Puggyman208

·
Read Only
40 Posts
I have been told that there have been difficulties in the testing of the new satnav software using the full UK postcode and that it is unlikely to be available until September. Getting information is like drawing teeth

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree the Sat Nav is very disappointing and I've resorted to using my google maps app on my iphone! I've only ever been able to find one exact destination that I wanted to go to and that was a city and not an exact road. I do hope there is an update to it soon!

·
Read Only
40 Posts
Could not agree more! Its fine as you say to get you to a town or major point of interest but useless if your destination is a small village in rural England! One thing I have found recently that it was very good on redirecting to avoid nine mile queues for the Dartford Crossing. That was excellent but I can't wait to stop using google maps for the last mile or two!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts