Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a letter from Peugeot... Informing me of a recall on the monster. According to the letter, this only affects the 1.2 Puretech petrol engine...

As part of our quality monitoring programme, we have identified that your vehicle requires a software update to prevent a potential reduction or loss of braking assistance. This software update will improve the diagnosis capabilities of the braking assistance system...

This safely recall consists of updating the software and a check on the condition of the brake vacuum pump and the timing belt.
Has anyone else had this letter? My little Monster is booked in for 25/02 to be sorted, and apparently takes about 2 1/2 hrs to do (but Arbury are doing it as "fix whilst you wait".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had a letter from Peugeot... Informing me of a recall on the monster. According to the letter, this only affects the 1.2 Puretech petrol engine...

Has anyone else had this letter? My little Monster is booked in for 25/02 to be sorted, and apparently takes about 2 1/2 hrs to do (but Arbury are doing it as "fix whilst you wait".
Yes me too ! Recall Code JZR . Booked in for April 6. Came as a surprise

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a bit. And not a pleasant one.
Penton in Poole have arranged for a courtesy car, a full health check and valet. (Like Lexus!) I've only done about 13K.in 5+ years. Did they give you the impression they are replacing the belt and brake components or just looking. I think its a noisy bit of kit then most 3 pots clatter because of the architecture

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recall JZR done here in Adelaide South Australia to 2015 build 208 Allure.
How can I check that software has been updated?
Still shows SMEG6.05.E.R6. What should it be?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Penton in Poole have arranged for a courtesy car, a full health check and valet. (Like Lexus!) I've only done about 13K.in 5+ years. Did they give you the impression they are replacing the belt and brake components or just looking. I think its a noisy bit of kit then most 3 pots clatter because of the architecture
I get the impression that it's a check when I booked in with Arbury Leamington Spa.

And tonight in the way home from my partner's place, I got the Engine fault - have vehicle repaired warning.

The last time I had this message, the 🤬 main engine fan control unit was buggered - which killed the battery. Just hope that it hasn't failed again, otherwise Peugeot can fix it at their damned expense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts