Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with rust on tailgate, of their 208, in the area of the peugeot name badge/recess?, I for one have and an very disappointed with the peugeot response which was to offer to pay 1/3 of the cost!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with rust on tailgate, of their 208, in the area of the peugeot name badge/recess?, I for one have and an very disappointed with the peugeot response which was to offer to pay 1/3 of the cost!!!
Noticed mine had on both corners back in march just as lockdown started. Reported to Peugeot and was told to go to dealer to look at but lockdown kicked in. Should be covered under 12 year as stated under their own terms.Look forward to fighting them on in if they try to fob me off once I can get it looked at

Peugeot guarantees your vehicle against perforation (corrosion from the inside towards the outside of the vehicle) from the date of delivery shown on the warranty certificate for the duration of 12 years in the case of a passenger vehicle and 5 years in the case of a commercial vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it is a known fault and should be fixed by PSA. The badge apparently needs replacing also to allow for an updated badge which is slightly smaller.

Sent from my OnePlus 7Pro using Tapatalk
Had it inspected today and dealer sent photos to Peugeot Bodyshop. Bodyshop were on the phone within a couple of hours and (was 3 year 9 month when noticed) and would put it to customer services to authorise a repair said they would probably come back with 50% goodwill offer. Told him i'm not paying nothing as they know its a design fault that has a fix and it should be covered by the 12 year Peugeot guarantee against perforation (corrosion from the inside towards the outside of the vehicle). Cant fault him or the dealer but having dealt with customer service before Im prepared to take this to the top AGAIN

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bodyshop finally got back to me today saying Peugeot have offered a 50% goodwill as it s out of warranty. Told them I'm not accepting that and taking it higher as a car that was just over 3 years old when issue was spotted should never have rust and especilly coming from under the paintwork, (which should therefore be covered by the 12 year anti corrosion warranty. Also as its a known design issue then as far as Im concerned Peugeot should foot the bill. (Quoted me £416 to have the repair done) Just as well I dont push for a new tailgate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts