Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Please can anyone help. My 208gti 2015 22k miles only, hasn't been very nice to me considering the low mileage.
I have a horrible noise from the clutch (maybe?) on pull away on a regular occurrence but I am trying to ignore. I will discuss this in a future thread.
The problem I need to sort asap is - the car struggles to idle after I restart, after the engine is warm. Once I get it back up to temperature after a few miles it will idle ok but turn the engine off and leave for a bit and restart and if you then need to wait at a junction (for example like leaving the supermarket) it will threaten to stall and I need to rev to stop the engine management fault warning coming on and causing the car to go to limp mode with fault codes P0087 and P0171
I have been recommended to change the front o2 sensor but as the car runs great most of the time i am a bit doubtful and I would really appreciate some advice
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started to have the same problems as you the same day you wrote this post. 99% sure it's a HPFP, but I will check it with my mechanic and let you know.

·
Super Moderator
267 Posts
High pressure fuel pump I would also put it down to. Mine failed at just 22k and after much arguing Peugeot replaced it with me only having to pay labor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
High pressure fuel pump I would also put it down to. Mine failed at just 22k and after much arguing Peugeot replaced it with me only having to pay labor.
Thanks for your reply Ricey. Did you have warranty? I haven't, as my car is over 5 years old, so looks like a big bill for me soon then! What did you experience when it failed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts