Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Please can anyone help. My 208gti 2015 22k miles only, hasn't been very nice to me considering the low mileage.
I have a horrible noise from the clutch (maybe?) on pull away on a regular occurrence but I am trying to ignore. I will discuss this in a future thread.
The problem I need to sort asap is - the car struggles to idle after I restart, after the engine is warm. Once I get it back up to temperature after a few miles it will idle ok but turn the engine off and leave for a bit and restart and if you then need to wait at a junction (for example like leaving the supermarket) it will threaten to stall and I need to rev to stop the engine management fault warning coming on and causing the car to go to limp mode with fault codes P0087 and P0171
I have been recommended to change the front o2 sensor but as the car runs great most of the time i am a bit doubtful and I would really appreciate some advice
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just went out to take some ride when orange engine management light accompanied with 'engine repair needed' message appeared. My OBD2 reader says P0087 error. I didn't had to check, I already knew what is happening even few days ago when my car started to have some issues with starting the engine after a longer pause. The problem is 99% the high pressure fuel pump, and yeah, it's not a cheap fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts