Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quickie I encountered a slow moving wood pigeon yesterday morning and smashed the plastic part of the grille. I have ordered a replacement part which I had intended to attach myself. Is the job relatively straightforward ? The part is about £75 don't fancy giving the dealer another wad and the dark chrome bit is another £55. Not impressed with that dark chrome stuff either, it has already been replaced under warranty and it's going again. Ice Velvet is not going to have any dark chrome as it's more hassle than it's worth.

Cheers Pete

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Ill let you know mate. Im dropping my bumper to take mine off for painting. From what I can see its,

Arch linings out. 2 10mm bolts either side. 2 underneath. 2 panel pins either side at bottom and 3 screws along the top to remove the bumper. Then uscrew and unclip the grill.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks D

Got it sorted Dark Chrome clips off and the plastic bit is held with clips and 6 screws which came off relatively easy about 10 minutes in total. Interesting thing was when I had a look at the broken one there were spots of hot melt glue on the back and I didn't put them there.

Cheers Pete

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Just about to post saying chrome just comes off with a firm pull. Means ive took the bumper off for no reason but at least nothing is broken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts