Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I tried this.Put my VIN in and it came up with the system update and map update.
Downloaded them and tried the system update first (after downloading a licence too) and it said the version was not compatible with my hardware.

Have contacted Peugeot and await their reply.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firstly, do one update at a time. as the UpdateInfo.xml is different for each update.

Format the USB drive with FAT32

make sure you have the UpdateInfo.xml and SWL in root folder

A license file is required for the software update (not MAP) if you have not tethered your headunit to the internet(via phone or wifi)

license file is put in its own "license" folder in root of drive

lastly make sure eco mode is disabled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All,

New to the forum, saw through the connected app that there was an update for my system, the update dosent currently want to work however, keep getting the 'USB key isn't compatible with this vehicle' error

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Theglc20 said:
32gb and fat32, I've tried it with 16gb's too all to no avail

can you confirm you have extracted the file to the USB using something like 7zip? most of the downloads for RCC/NAC now are TAR files which are compressed. they compressed file needs to be unarchived.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Winrar was what I used, so that you have the licence folder with the license .key file in, the rcc_update folder and the updateinfo.xml file. It seems the system detects it is an update usb as on the screen where it says that the key isn't supported, it says update in the top left

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AFAIK the license file is only needed if your Head unit is not connected to either Wifi (does the RCC support Wifi?) or your phone/internet via bluetooth.

make sure the license folder name "license" is all lowercase.

Try using 7-Zip. I know tar files have a checksum process when extracting and maybe something hasnt extracted correctly with WinRAR.

another user over here has a similar issue.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/2081089-post25.html

failing that format drive again to FAT32, download a new TAR file (incase the old one is corrupt) and try again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Having some trouble here... A friend is trying to update his RCC unit (085c). The FW version is 4_085_19.1E028.5. All files were correctly copied into a fat32 fomated USB stick following Peugeot's installation guide. He had the two folders (rcc_update and license) but the RCC kept showing two error messages: "USB not compatible" and "No multimedia content". He really tried a couple of times, used two different USB sticks but nothing seems to help. He will try today without the license folder and using his mobile phone as a Wifi point. What could it be???

By the way: I noticed that when he took the downloaded file and decompressed it, the files within were mostly .tar files. I did the same but those files were shown als .bin files to me. I do not think that make any difference but: is it normal to have those .tar/.bin files in the rcc_update folder?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had he tried using the Peugeot update app?

Enter the vin number and you "should" be able to download the Peugeot update app. This is for Windows/Mac

Then once installed onto the computer run the app, it will ask for a vin and give you the correct map and software updates that is available for your system.

It will also write the software to the usb drive.

If you receive any warning when plugging in the usb drive. Ignore it. It should respond with another 30 seconds or so and allow you to update.

Sent from my OnePlus 7Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, we didnt because it fails very often and I have the direct download links anyway. BUT everything was a total waste of time because he ALREADY HAD the latest update installed!! By the way, the Peugeot app keeps saying, that he still has got the previous version installed... that is why we even tried at all!!

Anyway, thanks for the answer :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts