Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I just got another gti and noticed loads of rattling in the back which sounds like the parcel shelf and sometimes a creak in the rear. On my old gti I remembered I had Peugeot change the clips that hold the boot lid plastic cover on as they used cheap crap blue ones instead of the ones used on the doors etc with the rubber surrounding the clip to stop any noise. Just thought I'd let you know as I have to order some and change the clips on my new one now as it's a pain in the ass listening to it and sometimes it's louder going over the rubbish roads we have in uk.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Im still yet to investigate mine. From one thing to the next. Frint sorted, seats sorted, touch screen sorted now just this creak that has been reported on a few different models. I only started to notice it when I fit the coilovers and when I now mount the curb via the little drive way ramp I can here it on the passenger/near side only. As said in another thread someone found it to be the spare wheel well plastics. Think im gonna have to climb in the boot and get my lass to do some of her dodgy manoeuvring.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well on both my gti's ive noticed the back passenger side plastic panel where the speaker is if you pull the back seat forward and push on the plastic bit next to where the seatclips into the spikey latch its never clipped in fully and this was causing a rattle on both my cars. On both my gti's ive heard rattling and when turning slowly a creaking noise. the rattle from the back was definitelywas caused by the plastic cover on the boot lid as Peugeot use cheap clips which are blue. I have changed mine again on this gti to the white ones with rubber on and so far no rattling or creak as I pushed the plastic panel in nextto by the latch of the rear seat. I think Peugeot rush building these on the production line as the quality is not all that good. I have learnt from my other 208 that where both passenger and front door shut it rubs the paint off down to bare metal where the seal underneath the doors touches the sill. I have protected it on this one with 3m paint protection film.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Just in case people are still hunting for this, I found my creaking to be the boot latch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got an annoying rattle on my active, seems to be near side rear. Sounds like the shock absorber noise fiestas used to get at the rear. Also seems to be unstable over small bumps,As though the back End steps out slightly even around slight turns in the road.Need to get it sorted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Duffy. I think thats the source of my boot rattle. Seems to disappear when you close the bootlid with some force. Time for some adjustment I think.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Gassy said:
Got an annoying rattle on my active, seems to be near side rear. Sounds like the shock absorber noise fiestas used to get at the rear. Also seems to be unstable over small bumps,As though the back End steps out slightly even around slight turns in the road.Need to get it sorted

You are the only other person who has realised this.
Whilst cornering and hitting a bump the back end kicks out?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi all,
I agree with Karl_Barnes,

I found the noise to be coming from the plastic cover on the rear hatch replaced the blue clips with the white ones with rubber on. problem solved.

regards Puggyman208.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Gassy and Duffy:-

I drove an Active model not that long ago which belongs to a friend of mine. It is a 1.2 Active. The first thing I noticed is the back end does feel a lot more unstable than my Feline model. Im not sure if the Feline diesels have stiffer springs or dampers but looking at the underside of the car and comparing both cars they appear to have the same suspension layout. But there is a big difference in stabilaty around corners between both models.

I have also started getting a very loud and anoying rattle coming off the rear of my car. I've traced it down to the spare wheel mounting. The retainer thingy that you screw down keeps getting loose and what I can hear is the plastic which slides along the spare wheel well rattling around. Every time I tighten the retainer the sound goes away but after a few days it comes back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Iv just had my 208 gti in for new rear shock absorbers as there was a knocking noise. Also they stripped the front struts down and greased them up. To stop the creaking noise from the front when turning. All work was covered under warranty :)

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Did anyone get Peugeot to fix the rear door trim rattle or did you guys have to order and install the white clips yourselves?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just had this issue resolved by the dealer. turns out, there was a bit of play with the locking mechanism and the U-bolt where the lock latches to. they "adjusted" the u-bolt to remove the play, all good so far 2 weeks out.

·
Super Moderator
270 Posts
I'm experiencing a noise coming from what sounds like the passenger rear wheel sounds like there a two metal rings been swirled around together doesn't always happen but can hear it at least once on every journey I make.
Anyone have any idea what that could be?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Yeah I got mine booked in for Wednesday hopefully they find the problem without much fuss. The Mrs could stop the nose by applying pressure to the top of the tailgate near where the trim meets on the right hand side. So it's got to be either the plastic trim, or something between the headliner and the body that's rattling. I don't want to start pulling the car apart 4 weeks into ownership so dealer it is.

Two metal rims from the wheel area sounds like a dragging brake or wheel bearing to me.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
roysantiago said:
i just had this issue resolved by the dealer. turns out, there was a bit of play with the locking mechanism and the U-bolt where the lock latches to. they "adjusted" the u-bolt to remove the play, all good so far 2 weeks out.

By "adjusting", do you mean taking a mallet to it??

I had a look at the U bolt on my car and while the 2 bolts securing it can be loosened, the bracket doesn't seem to be able to be adjusted in or out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Paddle, that was the reason why I put the word n quotation marks as I don't have the slightest idea what kind of adjustment they did,but hey seemed to work.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts