Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I drove my 1,2 VTI with my backseats down and therefor I noticed more sound from the exhaustion than usual.With normal driving 2000-3000 RPM there wasnt any sound. But when I did a fast acceleration above 3500 rpm the was a sound from the exhaustion almost sounding like when you got a hole in the exhaustion.
Is this normal? Maybe others could try it out ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive got this. Ive never noticed it before Ive only had the car 2 months (2012 - October made car) but its thrown me a bit.I also had the seats down and also drove harder than I normally would.

Ive got mine booked in at the garage I bought it from though so I will let you know if they find anything.

Also have you had anything found? Mine also sounds like blowing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had a rattle when between 2-3000 rpm. There's a screw on the catalytic converter that can get loose and it rattles when then engine and exhaust is not hot. The garage fastened it which fixed the noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rasmus306 said:
I've had a rattle when between 2-3000 rpm. There's a screw on the catalytic converter that can get loose and it rattles when then engine and exhaust is not hot. The garage fastened it which fixed the noise.
Just got mine back from the garage ten minutes ago that's exactly what mine was too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a 1.2 Active and also noticed this. It isn't a rattle, more like the exhaust blowing when under load, when the back seats are down.

Personally, I like it as it makes the car sound sporty, along with the 3-cylinder growl. I don't want it 'fixed', but regard it as a feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts