Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I'm new owner with a one day old 1.4HDi Access +. It is a work car, so I had no choice over engine size otherwise I would have had the 1.6 as our other car is a 140bhp Leon TDi, so I am used to a bit of poke. Did manage to get one in Rioja red though, which seems to be a rare colour.

Anyway, it's a great little car, but being a Pug (I had a 307 years ago and it was somewhat problematic), I've already picked up a few niggles.

First, I have the standard radio set up. Some of the screen menu works are sort of "faded" like some pixels have been removed. Any ideas - is it common?

Second, when braking on and off, I can hear movement in the passenger footwell. I assume that being French it has a bar going to the corresponding brake lever on the left side of the car. Is this sound a normal feature?

Third, the distance to empty is still showing 250 miles even though I have a full tank. How long does it take to update?

Finally, why did they make all the buttons and menus so complicated !!! It took me a fair while to reset the trip meter. Oh and do they all turn up with no grease in the door hinges?????

Anyway - thanks for any advice !

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Gripped said:
First, I have the standard radio set up. Some of the screen menu works are sort of "faded" like some pixels have been removed. Any ideas - is it common?
Maybe adding pictures of what you're seeing might help.
With most of the views on screen in radio it is trying to be a 3D effect with a curve and changes in tone, but certainly pixel wise I'd say it was fine. Would add a pic of mine but unfortunately can't do just now on iPad.

Gripped said:
Second, when braking on and off, I can
hear movement in the passenger footwell. I assume that being French it
has a bar going to the corresponding brake lever on the left side of the
car. Is this sound a normal feature?

Not heard anything myself, back to dealers I would say.

Gripped said:
Third, the distance to empty is still showing 250 miles even though I have a full tank. How long does it take to update?

Should update very quickly, after 1 mile (or even less). Another thing for dealer to check.

Gripped said:
Finally,
why did they make all the buttons and menus so complicated !!! It took
me a fair while to reset the trip meter. Oh and do they all turn up with
no grease in the door hinges?????
I would get the manual and spend ten minutes sitting in the car going through how change things/go through settings. Once get hang of it it's pretty straightforward and pretty much everything can be done from the steering wheel buttons.
As for the grease, to be honest I've never looked but no creaking or the like so I imagine have been done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

I will post screen shots when I manage to get a pic.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts