Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with radio interference and background noise on FM radio stations? My 1.2 active is 3 weeks old and for the last week or so I have noticed background noises on all radio stations most of the time. It's a sort of popping and what sounds like breakthrough. I have found that if I deactivate RDS the noises lessen or go away.
Can't be sure if its some sort of local or atmospheric problem in my area (Coventry) but its starting to get really annoying.
Any feedback from other owners would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Errm thanks for the replies everyone. Nice to see we're all here to help each other. I'm also a biker and regularly use bike forums where people reply to requests for advice and information etc without fail. Just goes to show bikers really are a more friendly, helpfully bunch I suppose. 70 people have viewed this thread and not one person could reply yes or no. Come on people forums are about helping each other. Rant over, thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BladeriderMG said:
Errm thanks for the replies everyone. Nice to see we're all here to help each other.
Presumably nobody else has noticed. Sometimes it isn't necessary for everyone to reply saying "no".
Bikers are generally interested in nuts and bolts, whereas the 208 probably doesn't attract that sort until the warmer versions are more common.

I don't have a 208 btw but have a possible interest so keep looking at the site. The forum that discusses the car I have is rather boring at the moment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, don't know if i am too late, but only viewing your post now after a search as my radio in my 208 has some interference as well, happens when i start the engine, one radio station quite far away becomes inaudible. about to call the dealer and ask for an explanation. will keep you guys posted.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
BladeriderMG said:
Errm thanks for the replies everyone. Nice to see we're all here to help each other. I'm also a biker and regularly use bike forums where people reply to requests for advice and information etc without fail. Just goes to show bikers really are a more friendly, helpfully bunch I suppose. 70 people have viewed this thread and not one person could reply yes or no. Come on people forums are about helping each other. Rant over, thank you.

for original poster<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">not a clue
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">hope that helps

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">i personally would rather not reply if i am not sure about post in question, than to waste post space about me not being sure on a topic

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I am sure bikers are friendly but no need to be like that haha. some posts take a few days or even a few weeks before some one knows an answer. :p

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I very rarely use FM, DAB is a lot better. The only time I've had issues with reception are when I tried a short aerial.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I've just joined this group in the hope of finding a solution to a similar problem. I note its 5 years since you posted, so might not hear from you, but did you ever get a solution to this?
The radio in my 14 plate 208 has started making an intermitent drilling type stutter and its becoming more frequent. Can last anything from a couple seconds, to about 10 seconds and varies in how loud it is. Very annoying!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts