Peugeot 208 Forums banner

Radio keeps rebooting itself

37K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Stewart webster 
#1 ·
'morning,
Ihave an issue with the audio system that keeps rebooting itself. This happened no less than a dozen time on my 45 minute commute this morning. I previously ran a 208 1.4 HDI - which did not have the DAB radio - but never experienced such problem.

Has anyone experienced the same? - Is it a trip to the dealer (the car only has 170 miles on the clock), or have I missed something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
After 6 weeks mine is sorted (the problem has been there from new). Thanks to Peugeot UK giving it a bit urgency.The head unit software company, has brought out a new software updated for this problem.
Mine now reads.
System software - SMEG 6.1.D.R.8
CD 30468

Bluetooth Software - 1.2.0
CD 30468

Display Software - 40.19
CD 30468

#6 ·
Thank you for this. Car is going into garage later this morning, so may take these details with me.
One very odd thing: up until and including Monday, the system would reboot over a dozen times during my 45-60 minute commute. Yesterday (morning and evening) and this morning... not once!

How weird is that!?

#7 ·
Took the car in, together with the upgrade details provided by Didds - thanks Didds.
Dealer called earlier to say the car was ready, so will keep you posted. They had not yet received the software update, so had to download it, which took a while, but apparently it's all sorted.
Thanks to all.

#13 ·
Fingers crossed for all of us that have this problem, that this sorts it. :)
I have just been told by my local Peugeot garage that I have to pay £136 to fix this problem why should I pay for some software incompetence by Peugeot this is just a rip-off I refuse to pay for something that is absolutely out of my control why should I
I hope all the other people Who have had this problem kickback at a bill of around £136 when it is obviously nothing to do with us.
I am sick of being ripped off so I am going to make as much of a stink about this as possible to the local newspaper.

#9 ·
100 miles since yesterday's upgrade... and NO problem to report! whoo-hoo!In fact, I find the audio system to be of pretty good quality

#10 ·
Just as I thought I was about to get this sorted, my local Peugeot and their Peugeot Technical team are saying they aren't aware of any firmware update. I even printed off the details along with the software version to show them.

Where did you all get your update from?
Did you contact your dealer and they knew about the software update?

#11 ·
It was the dealer that got the updated software on a usb stick, from the company that does the software for the head units.Sorry, I cant remember their name. It wasn't SMEG. Below is my dealers details. Get your dealer to give them a ring.<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">http://dealer.peugeot.co.uk/truscotts-of-barnstaple/home/?gclid=CjwKEAjws7OwBRCn2Ome5tPP8gESJAAfopWs5Jx0AQJHzI4ZjAlPRCjttvVD5_1-8sDi0hnI-xRxJxoCpVjw_wcB

#12 ·
I took the details provided by Didds to my dealer.They did say that they had not been made aware of the update, but seemed grateful for the details, downloaded the upgrade etc.

My dealer is City Peugeot in Basingstoke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.