Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I recently bought a 2017 208 Active but I cannot find any way to get CarPlay on my unit;
Is it normal? Should I update my touchscreen or do something else? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
49 Posts
In order to have Carplay you must habe a Smeg+ iv2 headunit and let the dealer activate it for you. Those are the units with Mirrorlink. If you own a Smeg system, is a direct swap. No software upgrade will activate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In order to have Carplay you must habe a Smeg+ iv2 headunit and let the dealer activate it for you. Those are the units with Mirrorlink. If you own a Smeg system, is a direct swap. No software upgrade will activate it.
Thanks for the reply! Can you please tell me how to check if I have a Smeg+ iv2 headunit?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hold the menu button on the frame for 5 to 6 seconds until the system info menu appears. If not, try the other button.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what I found in the engineering mode (using a PIN code saw on internet) if that can help you in any way !

·
Registered
49 Posts
You have got a RCC unit (i think it is Wave1). If what you are looking for does not appear under "applications", there is nothing you can do. Maybe your dealer can activate it (as in the older units Smeg+ iv2)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have got a RCC unit (i think it is Wave1). If what you are looking for does not appear under "applications", there is nothing you can do. Maybe your dealer can activate it (as in the older units Smeg+ iv2)
Yeah in the Applications menu I only have SMS/MMS but it’s grey’d out (with my phone plugged in with USB or BT) and I have a Pictures sub-menu that works with a USB stick
Thanks tho, i’ll ask my local Peugeot Store !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts