Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new here , its unfortunate that my second post, is in this section, but I feel its quite important to get my experience's out and onto the forum.

took delivery of my beautiful 208 xy in metalic black with the black/grey alloys in late November, a stunning car and a great drive, to begin with.

I had no problems for the first few weeks until ,coming off the motorway on my way home from work the clutch pedal stuck down, unable to release the pedal I managed to pull over. The clutch was stuck for down for 10 seconds until it eventually released itself, eventually I pulled away but every time the clutch came up to its highest point there was a clunking sound and also a clunking sound when theaccelerator pedal was pushed down. I called out the breakdown service who said everything seemed fine, and he couldnt see any reason for the fault, (checked the obvious.i.e.floormats) he followed me home, and suggested i ring the garage the next day.

I booked the car into the dealership but on the way up, the same thing happened , same sticking clutch, same clunking noise on the clutch and accelerator pedals . the breakdown guy arrived but once again the car was fine after a few minutes and he never saw the fault .On arrival at the dealership I described the fault to the service desk and left it with them.

After a few days of constant updates the Garage eventually said they couldnt find anything wrong with my car but a field engineer was on his way over from France to investigate the fault. When I asked if this was common practice the guy said it was "very unusual and a first for him."

Eventually the Field engineer gave his findings to the dealership who informed me that the fault was the floormat . With disbelief I responded by saying that doesnt explain the clunking noise from the clutch and accelerator pedals, and once the clutch pedal was released the clunking sound still carries on for a further 5 minutes, and, the floormat was checked by the breakdown guy the first time the fault happened, only to be told,...." these guys are the best in the business and dont make mistakes".

When I asked to see the feild engineers report they said , they were confidential and even the dealership werent allowed to see them.

I've now got the car back but Im very wary of driving it in case the accelerator pedal sticks, Ive complained to the dealership as the mats were checked twice by the breakdown guys and dismissed by them as the reason for the fault.

I fear there maybe something there not telling me but im clinging to the hope that no dealership would give a car back that was dangerous to drive......or would they ?

Ian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Ian that doesn't sound good looking at the other forums i can't remember reading about someone with the same fault I've put some winter matts covering the original matts in mine with no problems i would be interested to know if you have a diesel or petrol engine with the 5 or 6 speed gearbox but what you describe doesn't sound normal and doesn't give a good impression of Peugeot build quality i hope they sort the problem out for you soon.
Paul xy owner

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul

Got the diesel 6 speed engine, but your right mate it doesnt look good or sound plausible to me.

Has anyone had a field engineer come out to a car on the first problem reported ? doubt it , maybe an email to the tech dept in France, but a field engineer jumping on a plane within 2 days....dont think so.

As they couldnt replicate the clunking noise theyve dismissed it and more or less said it never happened , to say I wasnt happy was an understatement.

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts