Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I purchased a brand new Peugeot 208 in November and its been back to dealer 5 times with same problem. Basically t it slows down all the songs then will speed them up before they play normally, this only happens on the radio not through USB or Bluetooth.However when I playing through bt or USB it will be playing with no sound coming out! Does anyone have the same issues. I'm not a happy bunny. Peugeot have already replaced the radio once!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I assume you're talking DAB radio as the radio doesn't use a buffer for standard analog terrestrial broadcasts. When you say they've replaced the radio do you mean the touchscreen or the Smeg headunit behind the touchscreen? The radio issue sounds like a software glitch and replacing the touchscreen won't fix it because the software is in the headunit.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I have had a similar issue through using the USB and DAB however it righted itself after i switched the car off and back on again, never happened since. As stated above sounds more like a software glitch, what did they actually do when you took it to the dealer?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My DAB radio usually goes on and off and slows down the audio, which sounds weird!! I can be listning to DAB fine, turn my car off, turn it back on and then the DAB doesn't come back on! I've tried re tuning it and updating it but still plays up. Recently it seems to be ok but i'm not holding my breath! Will be telling my dealer about it when I go for my servicing in June!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They didn't replace the touchscreen so it must be the smeg unit. They re booted the software already as one time when I took it away i lost All the mileage data etc as they forgot to reload it back on! im not sure now if it has something to do with my iPhone interfering with it although I have had two different iPhones so I'm sure that it can't be both of them! I'm so fed up 5 times in 3 months I bought anew car not to have problems!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They told me they replaced the radio, I'm now going to tell them I want the whole touchscreen replaced!:)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Just so you know, they might not be willing to replace the touchscreen for audio problems. The touchscreen is just that, it has no audio capability or user software in it. It's just an lvds lcd panel that simply displays images and sends touch signals back to the Smeg unit. If your audio is playing up, it's highly unlikely there's anything in the touchscreen that would be causing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So have taken car back again for 6th time as the problem is getting worse and complain to head office. Apparently the manager had the same problem as mine so looks like its a common problem!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
My 208 doesa similar thing.I've noticed that if I get a text onmy iPhonewhile it'sconnected via bluetooth and I'm listening to the radio, it doesn't make a sound directly through the phone or the stereo system, instead, it slows down the sound coming out of the speakers. It's very strange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is pretty much constant but gets worse if I receive a text. Peugeot say that it's not their fault as its not a peugeout radio but as I have stated its part of my car. I would complain to the dealership about it then they can complain to the manufacturer of the radio then they might do something and replace it if they get lots of complaints . Head office said they would call by 5pm today so I will let them know that others are having the same issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any news? My DAB radio is still playing up and the audio goes slow when I get a txt through my iPhone, definitely something to do with the bluetooth

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I bought a new allure 208 in March 14, with DAB as standard. I have to say the reception is pretty chronic and have got to the point now that if I fo anywhere out of the normal vacinity I switch to FM.

anyhow I have had started to experience the same issues of the slowing down and speeding up of music on DAB. At first maybe it was buffering due to the poor signal strength on DAB, however I switched back to FM and it does exactly the same. It is like playing45rpm record on 33rpm and thwn switching back up.

I have it booked in a week on Monday but the dealership has never heard of this problem.
I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi
I still have the same problem and the radio has not been fixed and I now have a different phone a iPhone 5.
My car has been back 8 times with the same problem most likely they will put it on the computer update the software it will be ok for a day then start going wrong! If they replace the radio this doesn't help! I have been into robin and day in edgware so many times with it I never clean my car as they always do it for me! Anyway they have bought it to the attention of head office in France and it's on a level 2 which means it's urgent so urgent that it was bought to this level to in April and I'm still waiting!! all I get is the radio is not a Peugeot part so it's down to the manufacturer to rectify the problem but at this stage they can't for some reason do! I have even had a brand new touch screen fitted as that broke and still no solution. This is my first and last pug! If they fix the problem please let me know as it's driving me mad!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts