Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am from greece and i got my new 208 3 days ago.
I got the 1.4 hdi active version.I am so excited driving it but i am facing some problems with its touch screen and i am really sad :\ .
The problems start when i connect my usb stick to listen to the music.Sometimes when i start the engine i have a black screen for a very long time (the track is playing though).Some other times the track is freezing and playing the same sound again and again then the touch screen crashes and restarts.Other times i cant change track even though i try pressing the screen and the wheel buttons.

My touch screen has crashed 4-5 times till now (3 days use).I have tried 3 different usb sticks (2 of em fat32 type - 1 fat 16).The memory sticks had few tracks inside (max 30) and all tracks are in mp3 format.

Anyone else facing same problems? :\
Thanks

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you are not alone in having problems with the touchscreen. If you check the ICE section of the forum you will find plenty of posts relating to this problem. Sadly I don't have a definitive answer for you other than to have the system checked out by your dealerand ask them to check that you have the latest firmware version for your touchscreen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today i tried again plugging my usb stick to the cars port.
At first radio started as no usb stick were found.After a minute a new message appeared to the screen 'cannot read disc' ... of course the car doesnt have a disc drive...

I checked my firmware version (by simply pressing and holding the 'menu' button for some seconds).

I have:

Software : SMEG 3.15.B.R1

CD:11811

Date: 10-01-13

Does anyone having this version have similar problems with his touch screen?
Is there any newer version anyone has?

My touch screen plays smooth with radio\bluetooth\info,but everything related with usb sticks and mp3 songs is just a mess...

I am going to my dealer tomorrow,i am really dissapointed.I cant listen to my music.

I ll keep you informed.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
What's the firmware version in the recently delivered GTi's?

·
Administrator
487 Posts
I'm out and about at the mo but ill have a look when I get back to the car.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Ok I must be a mong. How do you get this info up about the touchscreen?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Dave, just press and hold the 'Menu' button and it should display the firmware details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Sorry to hear that someone else has exactly the same
sort of problems, as we are having (car bought June this year 2013)we have the same SMEG as you same CD 11811 and date 10-01-13
and we are having all sorts ofscreen freezing problems which all seemed
to start from the 1000 miles servicing check, up until then all was working
correctly (could this be a virus of some sort?). I have tried different USB's I
have tried iTunes and Windows Media Player all music will play but freezing
problem still occurs and is also erratic in nature, we have eventually had
thescreen changed no effect, upgrade of software no change USB ports
changedproblem still apparent. The annoying part being the our Dealer was
initially trying to make out this was a new and not noted problem what
dealerships need to understand that the general public is far better informed
nowadays than before and most of us are reasonably computer aware, as for myself
I am Retired Royal Air Force Electronics Chief Technician, I have been working
closely with our local Garage to try and help with fault diagnosis including
videos of occurrences etc. Now via this sight (the 208 Owners Club) I have been
made aware that this is far from a new problem. I asked for a new car (same
make model etc.) stating that this one was not fit for purpose as the touch
screen is an integral part of the cars system; the reply was that this was not
an option. The car is a lovely drive and in all other respects nothing on the
market to compete with its style and the build specification is exceptionally good,
a real joy to drive so I will keep with it for now in the hope my local Peugeot
Dealers will come up with a resolve very soon.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I am amazed that your dealer replaced all the hardware. Mine wouldn't come to that, they would only upgrade the firmware. The last firmware upgrade has seen the problems almost disappear for me.IMO, the root cause of this problem is in the buggy operating system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum, I have just got my 208 1.4 allure petrol last Monday fine for a couple of days now I have the dreaded message g p s not found, I don't have a sat nav, looks like a trip back to the dealers. Not happy as I am led to understand it is a well known problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! Thanks for posting information we have been having very similar problems and our car purchased June 2013. We are currently locked in negotiations with Peugeot to try and resolve our problems its a lovely car of a good quality but shame the Multi Media System is not of the same high spec.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys

I have 2013 208 d my touch screen plays up while ago it went blank for about two days and then started working out of the blue. Other day bloody thing stopped working just blank screen real pain!! I can take it to dealer I just can't be without the car at moment. Hoping it will start working if not I will have to book it in to dealer. Any one have any ideas? I so miss the radio of course the clock etc all built in.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Mine always goes blank if I do too many things at the same time. It doesn't seem to like satnat, bluetooth and USB running at the same time. It reboots after a bit, but I will get it looked at when I get it serviced

1 - 14 of 14 Posts