Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 208 Access + is just a little over a year old now. It went for it's first service at 8,000 miles and came back from the garage fine with no problems.

However about a week later as I was driving into work the drivers speaker let out a loud burst of noise, crackled and stopped working. Once I got into work and parked I left the car running and iPod (connected via aux) playing and opened the drivers door. Speaker was working but only when door was open. Rang garage and they said to bring her down.

Sat in garage for an hour to be told the job was too big and they would need a full day to look at it. So arranged that the car would come down the Friday after St Patricks day. Car was taken down that Friday morning and was ready to collect again just after 1pm. Was told that there was a trapped wire and the problem had now been fixed.

However not even a week after the car had been in speaker started playing up again. This time was working intermittently and cradling until finally giving up and playing no sound. I do have sound from the passenger speaker. Rang garage again and explained what happened.

Was told car would have to come in for 48 hours and be assessed.
Lifted car today .Car has to go back again as they have had to order a part in and won't be here till end of next week. Now have sound on the drivers speaker but nothing on the passenger. Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this??

P.S they gave me a 1.2 active as a courtesy car was seriously considering keeping it!!! Lol

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I was experiencing poor speaker quality and the odd crackle now and then but upgraded them to a better brand. The speakers in these are terrible tbh. Do you kbow what they have done to resolve the issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not been resolved just yet. Try said they have to order a part which wouldn't be here until the end of this coming week. Didn't really give me any indication as to what it could be. They only thing the told me previously was that it was a trapped wire and that had been fixed.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Hmmmm. To me its either your touchscreen no making the right pulse, the wire not transferring the current due to a breakage or loose connection or the speaker is donald ducked

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Duffy! Apologise I'm only seeing your reply now. Thought I had alerts set on for this post!! Unfortuately I don't have the touchscreen :-( so its definitely not that!!! The first time it was in the told me it was a trapped wire and was easy to fix.

My car is back at the garage again as the part they had ordered had arrived. It was due to be ready last Friday (18th April) but I got a phone call the day before to say the car would not be ready as they were having some difficulties with it and that it needed another part ordered. It is due to be ready this Wedneday so fingers crossed. The only plus is I get to keep the Active courtesy car for a bit longer!!

I would say your probably right and the speaker is Donald ducked lol.

Will keep you posted on what the whole hoo-haa was when I get car back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts