Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from my thread in the technical section, I dropped into a dealer today to have a look at one.

My initial interest was due to the press comment over the steering wheel position because I like a low wheel. I found it good. And unusually it had enough movement for me not to feel the need to push it fully forward; the seat seems comfortable with the hip support that is missing in my present car; the door mirrors look low enough not to obstruct my wife's view at junctions.

Otherwise the the showroom car was completely funeral black. Not a good impression. The shiny plastic surfaces seem a bit odd. OK for a laptop case, if you like that sort of thing... but on door handles? Don't they show scratches, dirt and fingerprints?

I don't see the point of the touchscreen and seems to be a rather OTT unless used for navigation (do people really pay £400 for a car manufacturer's sat nav?). But photos of the dashboard with the standard radio make it look like a 1970's diy effort. I am concerned that by mounting the central air vents below the radio (rather than the other way round), it will difficult to aim warm air to the hands on the steering wheel without blowing in the face.

I also notice from the spec sheet that the standard radio has no USB stick facility and that DAB is considered a premium add on. These would cost pennies to put in as standard and I wouldn't object to paying another fiver to give some profit. I can't seriously believe this would cause them to lose sales of the more profitable versions.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Just an update on the DAB, we picked the wife's Active up this morning and it had DAB fitted as standard even though the dealer said it probably wouldn't come on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sch0 said:
The dab is now standard, or so it says on the latest spec sheet.
I was going by the current online spec sheet. I had missed that a "level 2" radio with usb is offered for £380. I'm not concerned enough about the feature to pay that much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts