Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i took delivery of my 1.6 e-Hdi Allure on Saturday and we went for a drive around Cornwall then back home via the north Cornish/Devon coast. I was really disappointed with the DAB reception having driven the same route in my 206 with a JVC DAB tuner and amplified external roof mount aerial from dabonwheels.com. Even coming back into my home town, a journey i do every day as i commute to Plymouth, the reception was terrible with the signal dropping regularly. As i say 2 years of using the JVC i have had very little in the way of reception problems even driving through Wales!, the DAB signal is strong locally. My wife has an external DAB tuner and i fitted an amplified in line converter using the standard Fiesta (2012) roof aerial and she has no problems.
Does anyone know if the standard roof aerial is amplified?If so maybethis hasnot been activated or there is a power feed to the aerial, can i switch it on myself or does it have to be a dealer? Is the roof aerial of poor quality, maybe i need to change it for a higher quality one? Have they fitted the wrong mast i.e. one from a non DAB car?

Any thoughts or anyone come across this before as i really missed Planet Rock this morning lol :)

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well l have improved the reception by changing the original 208 mast with the mast from my Kinetic amplified roof mount DAB aerial. It's still not quite as good but 95% of my 40 mile each way commute is now perfect reception compared to virtually unlistenable for 95% of the journey. I can thoroughly recommend this upgrade if you are having the same problem and will eventually replace the Peugeot aerial base with a better aftermarket one. Problem solved ˜ƒ

Regards Tony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts