Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gentlemen of 208 world.

I need your help. I currently have a 207 and hate it. Within the next year I want a new car but need help from current owners to help decide if I go for the 208 or a new fiesta. Any advice will be amazing thank you.

Daniel

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
What don't you like about the 207 ?
If you are debating between 208 and Fiesta then think you need to go and test drive both cars to see what suits you - depends what you are looking for in the car and what spec engine you are looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be the 1.2 in the 208. Going to phone up next week and book some test drives.

It's just little things about the 207 it's very curvey and the back corners over hang alot for my liking.

The thing I like about the 208 is the gadget list.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Hi and welcome.It will be slightly biased here towards the 208 as you can probably imagine! The fiesta is a very good car so worth test driving both to see what you think. The 208 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 207 though so it shouldn't matter that you were not fond of it.

IIRC the Fiesta is probably due a replacement or facelift soon as I think it's been out a while now.

Let us know what you think once you've driven them both.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
207 is a lot heavier car and I think it did suffer in the lower power engines as engines were same spec as previous 206- driving position is good and it does feel very solid on the road and safe - hence why it is heavier.
208 is slightlysmaller and lighter but with more internal space- and definitely more modern inside - small steering wheel is nice and dash is well laid out but some my find it odd looking over the steering wheel for instrument panel rather than through. Touch panel center console is nice and seems easy to use. Lots of other benefits in the way it is put together as well should make it a quieter drive with less windand road noise etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did not drive Fiesta. But every review of 208 clayms that driving 208 is not as rewarding as driving Fiesta. I decided to go for 208 since I didn't like Fiesta's interior and liked seating possition in 208. But that is really personal :) . I think you should get a test drive in both and then you will be ready to decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts