Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<DIV =msg>Hi Guys,

I picked up my new peugeot 208 last wednesday and i love it....Only problem im having is trying to play music through a USB. When i plug in my USB the touchscreen makes a noise through the speakers & then the screen goes off & just shows a black screen.

I have tried searching on google for help but cannot find the appropiate information, i have also tried to format the USB to FAT32 but still having the same problem, Can anyone help?

Also on the manual for the touchscreen, I noticed it says something about having picture art along with songs? does this mean i cant play downloaded songs?

Can anyone help atall

Thanks

Tom

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Tom, Your first problem sounds like a fault with the system. The normal response to a USB stick which contains invalid files is a message on the touchscreen stating that no valid music files exist. If valid music files are present then a screen with the message 'loading.......' appears. if the screen just goes blank then there is probably a fault with it. Check it out with your dealer.
The issue of album art with downloaded music files depends on where they originated. Most legal download sites include the ID3 tags within the music files so the display should show the correct track/artist/art details. If you have files which do not have ID3 tags or where the information is wrong then you can add the necessary details using Windows Media Player (on a PC) or by downloading one of the freeware ID3 tag editors. Beware of using special characters in folder names since this can prevent the ICE system from recognising them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts