Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just purchased a 2nd hand 2018 208 Allure Premium but have noticed a couple of really annoying marks on the inside for the plastic window in front of the instrument panel. I'm sure its a 2minute job to pop it out and wipe it down but I wanted to ask how to pop the window out properly? Are there certain places to prize? or does something else need to come off first before getting to that window?

I'd hate to snap anything 2 days after buying it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I suggest to remove the plastic around the odometer - here's how, then to look for a way to remove the transparent plastic out of the body of the odometer. Probably it snaps somehow using plastic hooks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks FaKeR, I spotted that guide but In the haynes manual I have it suggests I don't actually need to take off all of that trim, the bit around the dials can come off on its own.

Either way, I managed to fix it, (so in case someone else comes across a similar issue): I thought I'd just try again and see if the marks were actually on the outside of the plastic and I came across Meguiar's Plast-RX which deals with cloudiness in plastic which did the trick!

I didn't notice the marks on the test drive so I think they must have occurred during valeting, maybe some other cleaning product must have splashed on it and wasn't washed off. Here's an image of the result anyway and the product I used:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts