Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have 2 entries for each of my phone contacts - is this normal ?
Has anyone else had the same ?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi And welcome to the site, Mine seems fine with only one set of contacts - Just a guess but could it be that it has picked up contacts from your phone memory as well as the phone's sim card ? - so duplicating them, I had this once when I bought a new phone - just delete from phone memory and keep on sim

hope you enjoy the car - been very pleased with mine

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got a HTC Wildfire S
I've tried deleting the phone from the 208's connected devices and re-connecting - but still same result

A bit odd

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope - not that - I don't even have an option on the phone for storing contacts on the sim card
Wondering if it has anything to do with having syncronised my contacts with my gmail account - and the 205 pulling in both the phone contact and the g-mail contact as a duplicate

But on the phone there is only the one entry per contact.

Anyone else running an android phone with their contacts sync'd with their gmail account ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone else is suffering from duplicate contacts - I have finally worked out what the cause and hence solution was as far as my android phone was concerned.

If you have synced your contacts with g-mail and also directly on to you phone - say via htc sync , an android phone will show these as a single synced entry

However - there are actually two records of each contact - a direct sync contact from htc sync + the g-mail contact - and the P208 shows them as separate contacts - hence 2 entries.

I only worked this out when I installed whatsapp on the phone , and for the contacts in that - the P208 started showing 3 entries.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the tip - think I have my Galaxy S3 synced only with Gmail so only have the one set. Good to know if I tweak the config on the phone.
Idiotic audio player onthe Samsungmind, driving me round the bend with trying to navigate it on the touch screen,being locked to playing whatever folder I've gotrunning when Bluetooth streaming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts