Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the forum members views on PEUGEOT PROTECT ?

My dealer seems to be pushing it strongly.

The method I use to protect my car is to wash at least weekly. I also clean my car with Autoglym High Definition Cleaner and polish with Autoglym High Definition Wax every three months.

Surely this must be sufficient protection. I think they quoted something like £300 for Peugeot Protect.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Tell them to stick it, same carp as this diamond brite carp and any other super stuff that says you don't ever have to polish a car. I've been vehicle detailing for 10 years and the only way of keeping the freshly painted look is by hard work lol, I will eventually be doing a full thread at some point with a full list of products I swear by.

just my opinion tho, but still yet to fund any of my customers that havebeen happy with a life time protection treatment

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. What are your views on what I am doing, bearing in mind I just like to keep my car looking good.

I look forward to your future thread.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Re Peugeot protect - we have it on our car but only because they gave us it in a deal with other options - in order to keep it in good order and keep the benefit of the protection you still have to use specific products when you wash it. These take just as long to apply as the methods you are alredy using so there is no real time saving and I would say I get a better shine using autoglym products on other car than I do with peugeot stuff. Will be nowhere near as good as the type of polish/wax that MJA wouldsuggest (dodo juice or similair I would imagine) however.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I too would love to hear the independent advice of a detailer re traditional high quality (carnauba) waxes vs modern 'nano' technology sealants and if you should/could use both.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
esterhazy said:
I too would love to hear the independent advice of a detailer re traditional high quality (carnauba) waxes vs modern 'nano' technology sealants and if you should/could use both.
Yeh it would be great to hear their recommendations. I use all Autoglym on mine, wash it with their shampoo, use an aquablade then synthetic chamois leather, then use their high resin polish before finishing it off with their high definition wax
oh and I use their tyre dressing spray to bring them up to an amazing gloss shine!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I use a similar regime as you, using a lot of autoglym products. Just did a wash, clay, hi-def cleanse and then put on a coat of fireglaze polish/sealant. Plan to finish that off with the Autoglym Hi-def wax. I have been using Autoglym Liquid Hard Wax for few years now on my other cars and my fibreglass boat. That wax lasts a long time and very easy wipe on, wipe off.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi esterhazy,

I assume you feel your method is superior to the Peugeot Protect method. Am I correct?
Regards,
John

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Superior? I couldn't say. But I do think that dealerships try hard to sell owners high profit margin add ons that the owner could easily do themselves at a fraction of the cost. There are some amazing products out there and the knowledge to use them (check out all those detailing guru youtube videos), available to us all, that will keep your car looking great.

Better living through chemistry is what I always say! LOL

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Re doing it yourself instead of buying an expensive option from the Pug dealers, I just finished my 'prepare for winter' polish and wax. My regime is: Foam and rinse with a Karcher; Wash using two bucket method; Autoglym water blade, chamois, drying towel; clay; Autoglym HiDef Cleanser; 2 coats of Fireglaze Polish, one coat of Autoglym HiDef wax. Here is the result:

Edited by: esterhazy

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Well just attempted using meguiars ultimate wax and it's blinking crap lol leaving it till next weekend when I can order some proper wax

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
esterhazy said:
Re doing it yourself instead of buying an expensive option from the Pug dealers, I just finished my 'prepare for winter' polish and wax. My regime is: Foam and rinse with a Karcher; Wash using two bucket method; Autoglym water blade, chamois, drying towel; clay; Autoglym HiDef Cleanser; 2 coats of Fireglaze Polish, one coat of Autoglym HiDef wax.  Here is the result:
Looks great! I've just ordered the Hi Def wax, can't wait to use it! My girlfriend says I love the car more than her haha!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Face it Tom, you probably do.  But tell her it is only temporary insanity, well know in medical circles, called "The sweet madness of new car ownership".

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Re the"The sweet madness of new car ownership":Oh, the sweet madness of the new car owner. We all realise that the car, itself, doesn't even have to be new, just new to us. Beside a boat or truck, what else in your life presents you with such an opportunity to accessorise, to make that object of desire reflect the uniqueness of your inner soul.
Tell your girl friend the above and she willemphasise with you immediately and never complain again. If she slips and does, the next time she comes home with new ear-rings, shoes or a handbag, reminder her that inner needbrooksnosexual politics.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I reshot the post detail photos of my THP156. The originals I noticed were shot at a very high sensitivity which didn't allow the images to show the surface detail. Here they are again shot at 160ASA instead of 1250ASA:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Yeh the detail of the reflections is better in these! Oh and Re the girlfriend, I said to her last night I've never had a brand new car before and that I could have a lot worse hobbies lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts