Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I am in the process of searching for and purchasing a Peugeot 208 GTI Peugeot Sport Edition (2016-onwards @ around 40k miles) and I have a few queries that I am hoping to get answered by the hivemind here.

• Reliability: What are the key issues to be aware of? Have there been any recalls? Is reliability as bad as Peugeot is famed for or is this genuinely a good bargain hot hatch that is relatively unknown compared to the likes of the Fiesta ST? Is the infotainment system as slow and unresponsive as reviewers make it out to be?
  • Ongoing Costs: How much are fuel refills from empty - full? How many miles do you get per tank? How much is road tax? How much are minor and major services? Are consumables (tyres, brake pads, bulbs etc.) easy to come by and cheap to replace? Are there any specific things you find that you pay for more often on an ongoing basis?
  • Options: Are there any specific options or features I should be looking for on Used Spec cars of this specific model?
  • Buying Advice: Any tips, tricks or additional things to look out for that I have not covered would be greatly appreciated too!
I think that about covers it all!

I would appreciate any additional support and advice you can offer, the responses you provide could very well swing my opinion on one model of 208 GTI to another :)

I will be reading and replying to all comments provided so please fire away with any thoughts you have.

Cheers all!

HDrive

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mate most common fault which I literally just had done is the high pressure fuel pump it will throw up tons of error codes that relates to fuel, fuel pressure, missfires, crank issues.

I have had 2 Peugeot 208 GTI and I found that the high pressure fuel pump lasts around 30-40k

It costs around £400 quid for part and it's quite easy to replace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts