Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum and i am hoping that the enthusiasts in this forum can give me some advise/experience of the 208 GTI.

I currently have a Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI 2012, I have owned it for around 7 months now and i have never been 100% happy with it. To cut a long story short, I am thinking of getting rid and i have come across the Peugeot 208 GTI.

I would be looking at one around the 2013-2015 reg (Around 40K miles) These cars seem to have all of the bells and whistles and are simply beautiful as well as the fact that they seem to be very nippy! The price isnt too bad either!

So, it seems to tick all of the boxes for me. The only issue is that... Its a Peugeot. Now i dont know much about Peugeot now a days but generally speaking from experience, what are these cars like?

Is there any common faults that tend to happen with this car? (with my current car, the turbo actuator is prone to going and yes.... mine has gone!)

I do around 12-15K a year. I am looking for something smart, well equipped, quick and reliable.

Any comments and advise are gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum and i am hoping that the enthusiasts in this forum can give me some advise/experience of the 208 GTI.

I currently have a Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI 2012, I have owned it for around 7 months now and i have never been 100% happy with it. To cut a long story short, I am thinking of getting rid and i have come across the Peugeot 208 GTI.

I would be looking at one around the 2013-2015 reg (Around 40K miles) These cars seem to have all of the bells and whistles and are simply beautiful as well as the fact that they seem to be very nippy! The price isnt too bad either!

So, it seems to tick all of the boxes for me. The only issue is that... Its a Peugeot. Now i dont know much about Peugeot now a days but generally speaking from experience, what are these cars like?

Is there any common faults that tend to happen with this car? (with my current car, the turbo actuator is prone to going and yes.... mine has gone!)

I do around 12-15K a year. I am looking for something smart, well equipped, quick and reliable.

Any comments and advise are gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.:)
Hello Andy,

I can only speak from my own experience but my 2015 facelift GTi has been very reliable in the three years I've owned it. The only issues I've had were probably down to the fact my cars modified and the roads around where u live are very poor. I've had a worn transmission mount (cheap DIY repair) and a knocking front shock.

The pre facelift cars can have issues with the fuel pump and some other niggles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Andy,

I can only speak from my own experience but my 2015 facelift GTi has been very reliable in the three years I've owned it. The only issues I've had were probably down to the fact my cars modified and the roads around where u live are very poor. I've had a worn transmission mount (cheap DIY repair) and a knocking front shock.

The pre facelift cars can have issues with the fuel pump and some other niggles.
Hi Andy
I have a 2016 208 GTi with a little over 5000 miles on the clock which I am selling if you are interested get back to me.

Bob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts