Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy Peugeot 208. But i still doubt on its technology, and performance. For those 208 user, can you guys give me some comment about it? Good and bad comments, especially any bad comments? Because at least from u guys' experience is more credibility than those dealer.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Hi
Had mine now for 14 months and Done 12500milesthe only time it has been in the dealers was for its 1st years service. Brilliant little car I've got 1.6 diesel and it goes like a rocket (not as quick as a GTI!!!)Only fault I can really find is the sat nav and then only because I cant put the complete post code in. Update on the way (allegedly).

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
do not go for the 1.2 vti its not the best bad MPG nasty gearbox & clutch and a big flat spot between 2nd & 3rd , good things is the ride is really good and comfy seats

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Monkeyboy51,
From this and other posts I've seen, you really have a thing against the 1.2vti.
The gearbox and clutch may not be the best, but "nasty", no, definitely not.
Flat spot, never noticed one, this is a 3cyl 1.2, put your foot down it's not going to fly.
MPG, I get about 50mpg, on my motorway commute to and from work, going with the flow in the fast lane (and I don't hang around). It would be better on A roads, as it does start to drink petrol at "higher" speeds.
I think your problem must be with the way you drive it, it's not meant to be a boy racer, its for getting you from A to B comfortably and efficiently, which it does admirably.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Gio said:
Monkeyboy51,
From this and other posts I've seen, you really have a thing against the 1.2vti.
Flat spot, never noticed one, this is a 3cyl 1.2, put your foot down it's not going to fly.
MPG, I get about 50mpg, on my motorway commute to and from work, going with the flow in the fast lane (and I don't hang around). It would be better on A roads, as it does start to drink petrol at "higher" speeds.
I think your problem must be with the way you drive it, it's not meant to be a boy racer, its for getting you from A to B comfortably and efficiently, which it does admirably.
Couldn't agree more

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Gio said:
Monkeyboy51,
again
I love my 1.2 vti Allure

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Gio said:
Monkeyboy51,
Well said. I have a 1.2 Active and have to say the gearbox is just as good as my old Audi A4 and althoguh the 1.2 doesn't match the Audi for performance I find it perfectly adequate for everyday use. I also don't experience any 'flat spots' when going from gear to gear and can only assume it is related to the way in which the car is being driven. I regularly get over 50MPG just driving in a normal urban environment and can easily get 60 MPG on longer rural drives. I do find the car to be comfortable and reasonably quiet unless really pushed and there are no aspects of it that can in any way be described as 'nasty'

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Ok,
Now to answer the original question.
My only complaint is with the media centre -
You can't turn off the radio, you can mute it, but when you restart the car it comes straight back on.
I also wish it was easier to turn the screen off, instead of having to go through a series of menu's (this still leaves the radio on, so an option to turn off the whole system would be nice).
It also forgets my paired blue-tooth devices about once a week (I think the next software update will cure this).
I don't see the OIL OK check on start-up, but that's possibly just a fault with my car, it's in for it's first service today and they are going to look into it.
That's about it, it really is a good small car.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Tom300zx said:
Gio said:
Monkeyboy51,
Couldn't agree more
hi i have had 2 107's 2 smart cars one petrol 1 diesel which i still own and now drive every day so i know how 3cyl cars go do not get me wrong the 208 is a nice car but the 1. 2 vti seems to let it down the 107's i had i did 120 miles aday on the M25 A21 and it was so much fun to drive the engine was a bit rough and ready but it went well . I work in a body repair shop so i am waiting for a 208 to come in so i can have a drive of another one to see if it is the same , the dearler i got it from says there is nothing wrong with the car and that is how they are but did say that i am not the first person to complane about the clutch , i have a few days off next week and i am going to take it to another dealer to see what they have to say

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Monkeyboy51,
My wife has a 107 (she's on her 2nd, she loves them), so I know how the 107 drives, and my 208 1.2 is much better, although I do have to say the 107's gear box has a tighter feel to it.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Tom300zx said:
Remind me not to take my car into your bodyshop if you take customers cars out for test drives lol
we have to road test cars that have had any suspension damage or new rads after front damage all bodyshops road test cars after bigger repairs i am no boy racer as i like my job and not the dole lol plus we have hire cars left with us which we can use and one of the hire car firms have 208's on there fleet . My car is booked in with another dealer next week , did any of you guys have your cars serviced or checked at 1000 miles as the dealer i got from said it was not necessary as the dealer i have got it booked in with next week asked the car has now done 4000 miles . i am hoping they will find something as the problems i have spoil the car if they find something you will be the first to know

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
HI, to my knowledge all dealers should offer a 1000 mile (or 1 month) vehicle check just to make sure that nothing has worked loose or shows signs of doing so. My dealer definitely told me to bring the car back after 1 month for a free checkover.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
If I lost my 208 Feline THP 156 I'd buy another or a GTi which is finally available in Australia.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
2k miles into GTi ownership and the horn failed. Now fixed. Also sat-Nav a little temperamental.
Drives very nice, and is pretty quick with 200HP Buy can axle tramp badly with traction disabled.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts