Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My first ever post on here :) I picked up my new peugeot 208 last wednesday and i love it....Only problem im having is trying to play music through a USB. When i plug in my USB the touchscreen makes a noise through the speakers & then the screen goes off & just shows a black screen.

I have tried searching on google for help but cannot find the appropiate information, i have also tried to format the USB to FAT32 but still having the same problem, Can anyone help?

Also on the manual for the touchscreen, I noticed it says something about having picture art along with songs? does this mean i cant play downloaded songs?

Can anyone help atall

Thanks

Tom

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Sounds like you have a fault on the system somewhere yes you can put picture art on on the display you just have to embed the artwork on the mp3 files. I would see your dealer first and sort out the fault on the screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am having problems with the USB. I took it Bach to the dealer who advised me that I had too many songs on. 5300 plus and he loading was putting a strain on the system. So I reduced the number to just over 300 and it works perfectly now but I was not happy with the dealers explanation. Can you tell me exactly what you did and if the problem has been resolved.

Thanks

Ray

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Germany :)

It also can be your sd-card. Just try another one.
I use a 16 gb-card with more than 1.300 songs and about 100 pictures in my 208. It works great and the only disadvantage is that it takes a little bit more time to load when I put it in for new.

Once checked the system has a very quick reaction.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi alot of the problems with the usb system on the peugeot 208 is not down to the system but the type of usb sticks used it recocoisers some but not all. I have 2 sandisk 16gg sticks full of music in mp3 format and both of thes work fine. I have a couple of other usb sticks and these dont work correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts