Peugeot 208 Forums banner

petrol or diesel

11K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  CaptainTooty 
do not go for the 1.2 we have one and now wish we had got a 1.4 its like driving a car with one big flat spot it is a horrible car and the mpg is rubbish lucky if we get 37 to the gallon overtaking is a nightmare as you do not thing its got the power to make it

think i will take the car back to the dealer as i cannot get anywhere near that MPG i was getting 55 MPG form my Alfa Mito 1.3 diesel , our 208 1.2 is horrible to drive changing from 1st to 2nd its almost like it got a misfire 3rd to 4th its like it has a big flat spot maybe the poor MPG is the fact i have to rev it harder to make it go at the moment i am not liking tho car at all

going to take it back for them to sort it out but i do not have much faith in them i work in the motor trade myself and my local dealer has not got a good name , i have another dealer about 15 miles away will give them a call and see what they say

no dealer did not have a 1.2 to test drive so we went out in a 1.4 but all the reviews raved about the 1.2 so thats why we got it , I all so own a 2012 diesel smart car which i can honestly say is nicer to drive and more nippy and does 60 MPG if dealer cannot sort it out my think off getting rid of it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.