Peugeot 208 Forums banner

petrol or diesel

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  269 
#1 ·
Hi everyone hope you can help. Just placed an order for a 1.4 hdi allure in white. Didn't think much about the DPF thing until ordering via a company lease and had to sign a disclaimer about mileage and the DPFetc. Anyway it will be mostly doing mixedlength journeysof between 10 to 30 minutes with less frequent longer journeys. Anyway I am in a dilemma now wondering if I should of gone for the 1.2 petrol because of the DPF issue. Anybody had issues with DPF clogging or is it less of a problem these days. Ps might not of posted in right area so will post else where too.

Discussion starter · #2 ·
Spoken to the lease company and the diesel is on hold as I've not driven the 1.2. I ruled it out because of the engine size. Had a conversation with Matt the sales manager at Stoneacre at Dewsbury, very helpful. He told me it's the larger diesel engines that suffer more with the DPF issue but I should try the 1.2. He says they are so popular he only has one left that's available to drive and it's out with a customer till the end of the week. So I am waiting till then, however I would love people with a 1.2 to comment regarding how it drives and does it feel a bit more powerful than you would expect from a 1.2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.