Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You might as well get "KNOB", because that's what people will think when they say it!

Not a fan of personalised plates at all :(

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Personalised plates (that aren't rude or braggy) look good on prestige brands, on a Peugeot I think it would just look a bit rubbish. Also REMORSE would just look you wish you hadn't bought a French car, hold on, I think that's just the plate I need!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Me neither. However if the original poster wants that plate on their car, that's up to them.

I personally would have had something else.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I think a personal plate is PERSONAL. Why judge people by a number plate. How strange. I dare say that
A pug208 may be deemed a knobs car to some? Do you really care?
I happen to like my plate and it has the added persona of keeping those who are interested, guessing
The age of my car. I like the fact that my car is brand new. I don't like the fact that in 6 months time, it
Won't be. So with a personalised plate, a clean and we'll looked after car, looks new for longer.
And lastly, I like JON BE on my car

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
! bought my plate over 30 years ago for £200, been offered over £ 2500 for it recently, I don't think that was a bad investment!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I've got 2. I'm open to offers for one of them.
J6N BE. I've had it a while along with J9N BE.
Had J6 on a motor bike, but wifey has stopped
Me riding now. If anyone would like to make
Me an offer ????

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a private plate on my car & the wife has one on hers. We have just had her plate put on her new 208 Style, but we think it looks good onwhat ever car we put it on. These plates are also of our surname! They are worth a few quid now, so it has been a sound investment!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Iv got P208 PUG on my gti and its the first thing everyone notices even with how my gti looks. As for insurance i payed a £17 charge just to change the paper work thats it.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Can a Registration Number be transferred from a Motorbike to a Car. I seem to think it cannot?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Seany7 said:
Iv got P208 PUG on my gti and its the first thing everyone notices even with how my gti looks. As for insurance i payed a £17 charge just to change the paper work thats it.
Well in that case might start looking ‘�

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
It does not increase your insurance if you add a private plate. You may get an admin charge but that's it. I also see no reaso. Why you can't put a bike plate to on a car.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Just looked on DVLA site. The requirement for transfer of reg No. is that both vehicles must be of a type that requires an MOT certificate, i.e. Motorcycle, Car, Van, HGV and current MOT's, for both vehicles, must be produced at the time of transfer.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
i was thinking of PUG208

1 - 20 of 23 Posts