Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.....noticed today that the bumpers on my 208 are a shade different to the body....phoned dealer....he said this is normal as it's due to the plastics used etc....He said all Peugeots are like this. This is a big disappointment to me.....Have any other owners noticed this ?? Mine is a Morrocan Red colour. Don't seem to see a problem on other makes of car.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Tallpaul,

I've never noticed this on any other car - but did notice it on a pic of one in my colour - spirit grey ,before I got mine, and if you look at my pics you can see ( under 'Worth the Wait' ) in Gallery, especially rear bumper.....it may have something to do with a different primer used on plastic. To be honest I am so impressed with everything else about the car I'm overlooking it. - But you're not alone !

Rich

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Not noticed it yet on ours but have experienced this before on a 207 we had in salamanca orange. Over time and the exposure to weather the bonnet looked different to the front below the grille - we were told this was due to the different base material and the effect that sun had on the two different surfaces. Think it is dependent on the colour as that is the only one we have experienced this happening- did not notice any difference onprevious black or aluminum vehicles we have had.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again.....have contacted Peugeot to get their views....will see what the outcome is ! I too love the car , so much nicer to drive than my RCZ which I traded in !!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Had many Peugeots and had this issue with a few of them especially a silver 207cc.It is an issue with most car manufacturers ... Just depends on the colour

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
It's the same with Fords - some of their mismatched bumpers isridiculous!

I kinda of buy the argument from them that its plastic to metal and hard to match but you don't see the same colour mismatch on BMW's, Audi's etc. and they have plastic bumpers.... ok, I know they are more expensive but proves its possible?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The car I just got rid of (a light blue KA) had slightly mismatched body to bumpers, never really bothered me though. Can't see it on my oasis blue 208 but it's been constantly covered with rain drops since I got it.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wonder why the Moroccan Red seems to not be on the configurator now ? Have any other members got this colour ?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi....Had a reply from Peugeot about the dropping of Morrocan Red. It seems if a colour is not popular, it is replaced. Another red will be available. Also, it keeps the model 'fresh' and reflects current trends as consumer demands change. Mmmm...the 208 has hardly been on sale long enough to need refreshing !! Wonder if the new red will have bumpers the same shade as the body.......!!.....

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I've seen this on many other cars and had it on my previous Bianca white 207 cc, which had slightly different shades of white on the plastic panels. It's very common.

I believe the Morrocan red is being replaced with a bright solid red (like the Flamenco red on the 207s). This is actually the colour I would have ordered had it been available. Oh well, maybe next time

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
My 207 1.4VTI Sport (Thorium Grey) rear panel looks different than the side panels. The metallic particals seem to be more concentrated on the sides. I understand the front and rear panels are painted in a different paint facility than the rest of the car
I had a scatch repaired on my previous 207 (Flamenco Red) and when the repairer checked the colour with his computer equipment, it came up with different colours for the bumper, rear hatch ant the strip above the number plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts