Peugeot 208 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem with my 208 GTI. The paint was bubbling on the boot and has started to peel. The car was registered in 2013.

Currentlyin contact with Peugeot regarding a fix, as a good will gesture, they offered me a deal of £400(not theexact figure) to get it fixed. Having a lot of hassle actually organising the respray with me constantly having to chase them up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the reply.
Mine also started on the boot and when closely examine other panels it was on them also but at 1st not on the hood. Now it's all over and getting worse.
Do you need a total respray? My argument with Peugeot is what car enthusiast is going to want a resprayed car! It seems to be a more wide spread than I thought!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
King kev said:
Thanks for the reply.
Mine also started on the boot and when closely examine other panels it was on them also but at 1st not on the hood. Now it's all over and getting worse.
Do you need a total respray? My argument with Peugeot is what car enthusiast is going to want a resprayed car! It seems to be a more wide spread than I thought!!
No probs! They haven't detailed what the fix would be, whether it would be a total respray or not but I shall raise the question as soon as they get back to me.

Keep up the good fight sir, I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I also have a 14 plate 208 in Ice White which has started to blister all over. I just wanted to find out if you eventually got Amy joy with them?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Had to do rust on my boot last year.........the paint is awful in places, none in the engine bay ?.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone - Peugeot have been out to visit my car to asses the paintwork twice, the area manager told me he has 3 different cars with the same issue, all white paint...will keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
As with ALL cars of all makes.........most will have been stored outside somewhere, possibly for a length of time too. Sounds harsh, but nothing lasts forever.

It's so annoying....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Joined form on 2 nd April with pimples!!! My new 64 Roland Garros required replacement clutch/flywheel after 600 miles then over the next 14 months had many trips to main dealer with annoying faults which. by far worse was the SHOCK discovery of literally hundreds of blisters over most of the white bodywork.Main dealer never heard or seen this problem before???? After approx six weeks trying to get any sense from Peugeot and me refusing a full respray on a vehicle less than two years old I had little option but to raise £6000.00 for a new replacement facelift model with numerous extras missing from earlier model!! After being told my paint fault was a one off I was completly happy to stay with white .Now it seems common knowledge the problem is "universal" and had I been informed of this by Peugeot I would never have purchased another with the risk still existing.Already after some 18 months trouble free motoring with new car I find myself both looking and expecting more "micro blistering.Very worrying.Do not need more aggro with Peugeot.With soon let you know if problem returns again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have lodged a complaint about my paint warranty as I have found some on both doors on the exact same spot so I'm guessing its internal . If anyone has more information on this problem would be appreciated and will update when I hear back from them

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 12 plate purchase in march is with peugeot now
I bought it on the understanding the blistering was not damage or rust and would not get worse
Now they are respraying
!!!,,

·
Registered
42 Posts
New update on my progress not looking good so far so for anyone in the same situation peugeot has a condition that that is not layed out on the Service Schedule very clearly after your 4th year of delivery the paint condition needs to inspected by a peugeot approved garage otherwise they wont honour the 12 year or whatever it is for the anti perforation warranty. this is not part of your standard service from a peugeot dealer you know the one your paying £200 upwards for

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Do you still own your car? I have the same problem and am getting nowhere with Peugeot so I am thinking about contacting watchdog - interested?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there ive got rust spots on my roof peugeot said it was an insect which caused it going to get an indepent psint report and send it to peugeot customer care any advice appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have just discovered on my 15 plate pearl white pug 208, hundreds of tiny blisters. There's loads on the roof, on the quarter panels, the spoiler, the boot & in other various places. It was washed only the week before & there was no sign of them then & then it was washed again the other day then the next day all these tiny blisters appeared!! Really unhappy about it as i was just about to sell it. How is everyone else getting on with sorting the issue out??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve got a question in regards to matte paint. Anybody else have one on their 208? I’m trying to clean off black speckles from the paint but have had no luck with removing them I have to use my nails to actually lift them off. Any solution I can use before I wash it to get rid of them?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
New update on my progress not looking good so far so for anyone in the same situation peugeot has a condition that that is not layed out on the Service Schedule very clearly after your 4th year of delivery the paint condition needs to inspected by a peugeot approved garage otherwise they wont honour the 12 year or whatever it is for the anti perforation warranty. this is not part of your standard service from a peugeot dealer you know the one your paying £200 upwards for
@ usedgtimember - - How did you go on with this mate? Did you manage to get anything sorted with regards to their 'anti-perforation' warranty?

I have a 2016 'Satin (pearl) White' GTi with this blistering/bubbling paint issue.

Has anyone had any luck with this in terms of Peugeot fixing it under warranty?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Joined form on 2 nd April with pimples!!! My new 64 Roland Garros required replacement clutch/flywheel after 600 miles then over the next 14 months had many trips to main dealer with annoying faults which. by far worse was the SHOCK discovery of literally hundreds of blisters over most of the white bodywork.Main dealer never heard or seen this problem before???? After approx six weeks trying to get any sense from Peugeot and me refusing a full respray on a vehicle less than two years old I had little option but to raise £6000.00 for a new replacement facelift model with numerous extras missing from earlier model!! After being told my paint fault was a one off I was completly happy to stay with white .Now it seems common knowledge the problem is "universal" and had I been informed of this by Peugeot I would never have purchased another with the risk still existing.Already after some 18 months trouble free motoring with new car I find myself both looking and expecting more "micro blistering.Very worrying.Do not need more aggro with Peugeot.With soon let you know if problem returns again.
If your new car is the 'flat' white ("Bianca White"), then it shouldn't happen on that one.

This 'osmosis' type of paint nightmare is isolated to the 'pearl' white ("Ice White" & "Satin White") models only, as least as far as this forum thread suggests.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts