Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone have trouble with the paint? I have an ice white and have patches of bubbles on the boot and other places. It's definitely a lacquer problem just wondering has anyone else had the same thing!

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
if there's an issue with paint then take it back to a dealership, paint warranty is fairly long,

but found this:

In addition to the Contractual Warranty, Peugeot
guarantees your vehicle against any original bodywork
paint and lacquer defects from the date of delivery shown
on the Warranty Certificate in the Maintenance Record
booklet for: a duration of 3 years in the case of a private
vehicle; the duration of the Contractual Warranty in the case
of a utility vehicle

http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/media/peugeot-warranty-and-maintenance-record.pdf

Edited by: Toxic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I had a motor assessor out to look at the car today, it will need a total respray. He said the paint was quite sparce in places! He said even if the car is sent back to the factory it probably won't come back as if it was new! I'm gutted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there
I have today noticed the exact same problem happening on may 2014 XY ice white colour paint ! What was the outcome with your problem ? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi how's things.
Outcome is that they offered to reprint the whole car. I was not happy with this as it wouldn't be a factory finish. (Local garage to respray car). Eventually had to go to a solicitor to get them to communicate with me! Horriable experiance. They are meant to be ordering me a new car which I hope will come in January. Have offered me some money off a new one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No they told me they've no idea about it. Never saw it before they said! Clearly it's a problem with the white ones! If you look very closely along the tops of the doors you may see it there also! Be strong with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No they told me they've no idea about it. Never saw it before they said! Clearly it's a problem with the white ones! If you look very closely along the tops of the doors you may see it there also! Be strong with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really? That's bad form. I looked at mine the other day and it's 5 times worse than it was.
The Garage I was dealing with "forgot" to order me my new car! Want to charge me thousands more for doing it now. Don't think I'll ever buy a Peugeot again. Regrettably!
All in the hands of solicitors now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts