Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently gotten the fault code "P0087" recently (Low fuel rail pressure) but after some diagnosing I've realised the fuel rail has around 60 PSI when the ignition is on and doesn't take more then 2 seconds after starting her up before the PSI reaches 1000. So now I'm obviously wondering what the problem might be. Hopefully someone here knows a bit about this since I'm kind of new to cars but like trying to fix it myself!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have any other symptoms in addition to that code? I had that problem twice. I am affraid your high pressure fuel pump is faulty. Common problem on these engines.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any other symptoms in addition to that code? I had that problem twice. I am affraid your high pressure fuel pump is faulty. Common problem on these engines.
So I’ve heard. Problem is I’ve only had problems with juddering like once or twice in the last month. Just ordered an elk so I will be able to record fuel rail pressure data while driving

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I’ve heard. Problem is I’ve only had problems with juddering like once or twice in the last month. Just ordered an elk so I will be able to record fuel rail pressure data while driving
I had similar issues with the engine going into limp mode. On my 2013 GTI 200 THP engine Took it to a Peugeot dealer who diagnosed HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) faulty. Wanted £800 + to replace and fit. Luckily I had read somewhere that Peugeot UK knew about the HPFP was a common fault and i got it replaced free of charge. All I had to pay for was the diagnostic. Ps a condition was that it had/has a full service history

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar issues with the engine going into limp mode. On my 2013 GTI 200 THP engine Took it to a Peugeot dealer who diagnosed HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) faulty. Wanted £800 + to replace and fit. Luckily I had read somewhere that Peugeot UK knew about the HPFP was a common fault and i got it replaced free of charge. All I had to pay for was the diagnostic. Ps a condition was that it had/has a full service history
Helloooo,

I think I’m having similar issues with my 2015 208 GTI. Can I ask, did it need to be Peugeot garages that did the previous services, and what your mileage was when you had your HPFP done please? I saw someone said the car needed to be less than 6 years old - did you have it done recently?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Helloooo,

I think I’m having similar issues with my 2015 208 GTI. Can I ask, did it need to be Peugeot garages that did the previous services, and what your mileage was when you had your HPFP done please? I saw someone said the car needed to be less than 6 years old - did you have it done recently?

Thanks. :)
I bought a HPFP from autodoc and gave it to a local garage to fix, hpfp was prob $400 and the garage charged $50 i think. It was at 95000 kilometers when I had it done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts