Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me. I was driving my 2014 plate GTi, and the engine management light came on and it started running really lumpy. Took it to my mates garage, code P000B came up, so we cleared that code and drove it to see would it come back. Next morning on a cold start another engine light showing P0015 so brought it to my local garage they didn't know where to start anyone have any idea what ming be causing this Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me. I was driving my 2014 plate GTi, and the engine management light came on and it started running really lumpy. Took it to my mates garage, code P000B came up, so we cleared that code and drove it to see would it come back. Next morning on a cold start another engine light showing P0015 so brought it to my local garage they didn't know where to start anyone have any idea what ming be causing this Thanks
At Peugeot garages they have computer diagnostic tools that should identify that code.

·
Registered
9 Posts
P codes affect tailpipe emissions and therefore pretty much the same for any car. In this case both point to a problem with the B bank (exhaust) cam shaft variable timing.

You could try to unplug and swap bank A and bank B sensors and see if the problem moves to bank A. If so, then replace the sensor. Assuming you have clean oil, if the problem stays with B bank it could be the actuator (usually a solenoid) that's faulty. If not the actuator then the Engine Control Module is possibly faulty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts