Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from +8 GMT,After my 207 Touring Outdoor was written off in a accident I replaced it with what is called in Australia the Allure Sport (what's in a name?). Every time I drive it I can't get over just how nice a car this is.
Cheers from down under

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Welcome to 208 ownership - hope your touchscreen is ok, seems to be the biggest problem with them,, oh and let me know if the 'black chrome' effect starts peeling of the grill as mine has.... other than that I think they are great cars - 8000 miles now ,average 60 to gallon - flies !!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am enjoying the new Pug very much. Re the Touch Screen, so what's the deal with that? My complaint is that the interface is very clumsy. Neither of my ipods show the range of album art on the large part of the screen as I have seen in promo videos. Tried a USB stick also. That picks up one cover but not all. But then again I have never seen a good ipod interface in any car I have ever rented when we travel either. Maybe you have to be Apple Corp to design a good human/computer interface. Any advice on what to look for in the misbehaviour of the touch screen would be appreciated.Cheers

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi esterhazy, If you look at the 'Ipod Interference ' post - it will outline the problems I've had, Also when very cold you get a "GPS" Fault appear - even if you don't have GPS! - probably be ok where you are ! - also a post on here 'Touchscreen not Working' - which is I think the longest ! - Now you mention it .... I thought I saw a video where all the album art was shown and you touched the one you wanted ? No chance !

Such a shame because the rest of the car is brilliant !

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No. it doesn't get cold in Perth (Oz) but it does get bloXdy hot. Thanks for referencing those posts. I'll have a look. Those "this is how the touch screen works' promo videos are an implied contract with buyers of the vehicle. All of us pissed off 208 owners should storm the barricade of the dealers and distributors insisting that the touch screen work as advertised! And yes, the rest if the car is brilliant. To me it represents value for money. I liked my 207 Touring Outdoor Hdi (I bought it to tow a small sail boat (15') but it was written off in an accident just before xmas (Merry Xmas!!). The 208 thp has approx the same torque at the same RPM's. Also, here in Oz, they distribute less choice in the model range. It was really Hobson's choice if I wanted a 6 speed manual. The 5door Allure Premium only comes with a 4 speed auto. I have never liked auto transmissions. My 1st car as a kid was an 9 year old Jag XK120 drophead and I have always tended to compare to that. Had a number of Rovers (1954 90, 1976 3500, 1986 Van den Plas) and in between Golfs, Renault R4's, Clio's, Honda's, older Pugs. Throughout this time I have always loved French cars the most. I guess they appeal to the eccentric in me.

Edited by: esterhazy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts