Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the dealer on Friday. He said the car is at the regional distribution centre somewhere in Kent, Shenley I think.
I should get delivery early next week.
CANNOT WAIT!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that sounds right

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Desperate isn't the word haha
Will definitely post photos.

I remember my first car was an N reg fiesta which I paid £800 for. It was a bit of a banger but never let me down. I used to believe it wasaFerrari I was so proud of that car haha!

So you can only imagine when I get this 208. It'll be the best car I've had so far and that's why I can't wait.

Also as I've never bought a brand new car before I never did realise there would be such long waiting times and prematurely sold my car. So I am trudging to work on public transport and boy it's getting too cold to be messing about with all that.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great news guys. Dealer gave me a call at lunchtime, the car had arrived but wouldn't be ready for collection until tomorrow. So I went in (onlya mile from my house) and sorted out paperwork, insurance etc so tomorrow I can just drive away.
Parked behind me while sittingin the showroom was a blue feline 1.4vti. As I've mentioned before I haven't actually seen the feline model so I had a nose around. If i'm honest I wasn't particularly blown away as I thought I would be. But not a problem I thought it's a nice car.

After we had completed all paperworkI was offered to go into the bay where my car was being prepared. Sure thing. So on with the flourescent jacket and a short walklater...OH WOW! It lookedfantastic!
My hunch worked out. I was gambling on the grey of the alloys matching and lifting the grey body. It looked amazing.Theicing on the cake was the interior lighting, Sweeeeeet
and the mirrors that electrically fold in when the car is locked
A very premium feel to it all.

Judge for yourselves and let me know what you think. I took these quickly with my phone as it was getting valeted but will post more once I take ownership.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I don't think I'm being biased when I say this is a supermini that looks as good in 5 door as it does in 3 doors!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sitting in the dealership now waiting... So close now :-D

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok! Just spent about 4 hours in the car. Amazing!! The car looks fantastic and is also enjoyable to drive.
The touch screen is a bit fiddly to use and not as intuitive as an iPhone. The satnav is very easy to use however. Decent stereo system.

The lights are the highlight of this model on the inside. In fact I love everything about the interior with the exception of two parts. Cheapy plastic on top part of door sills and the dash.

The 1.6 115 diesel has SO MUCH torque. Coupled with the small steering wheel makes it feel very very sporty and fun to drive. It really is a lot of fun to drive.
My only criticism is with the gearbox. It is quite a long throw into each gear and not particularly precise but it's something I can learn to live with.

I can't believe the power that the engine produces and how it still remains exempt from road tax and the London congestion charge. Now that's a non-compromise situation thanks to some very clever engineers.

So the first impression is that I really do love this car
I will post up some photos soon.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Great Franco, sounds terrific. Can't get enough photo's to help me over this waiting period,... so c'mon

I have to agree about the gearbox. I've done 2test-drivesin the new Renault Clio before I bought the 208 and the gearbox in the Clio (and my old VW Passat) is much more direct. But it's better thanmy girlfriends 206+whichshe boughtbeginningthis year and for me it's not adeal breaker(obviously
).

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Seeing your 208 makes me want mine now , I think you are right 5 dr & 3dr both look good mines is 5 dr . I can't wait to see the lights round the glass roof have seen pictures of it . Hope you enjoy your new car more pics please

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I couldn't help noticing the time of your post, Franco, and the fact that you'd just spent 4 hours in your new Feline. Unless you work nights, that really is dedication, to a serious degree!!

I hope you're enjoying your new car, mate - it looks terrific in those pictures.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol hi Pete. Yeh I can explain.

I had written my post but failed to sleep it due to falling asleep lol

I went upto bed but awoke at an unearthly hour so decided to study the vehicle manual (as you do at 4am) and submit my post.

UPDATE: the touch screen is a little temperamental. I'm getting used to operating it but music playback is sometimes intermittent. For example if phone is plugged in via USB cable it'll play fine, but as soon as the track ends, it just stops! Also with Bluetooth it'll sometimes show the song name, happily scroll through my playlist, my iPhone shows that music is playing but no sounds comes from the speakers
getting annoyed with that.

It doesn't have the greatest software. It's fortunate it is a software issue as I think the hardware is fine, and there is potential for the situation to be remedied. I hope within the next year puegeot develop an upgraded interface and do a recall.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi , Glad you're enjoying your car, pics look great and being a 5 door you benefit from half leather - although the 5th gear team thought the 3 door had leather - not plastic , so it fooled them - can't be that bad ! I saw a road test on U Tube showing 0-60 in our model - guy floored it and got wheelspin in 2nd ! - so much torque from that diesel - have you tried that yet ? too soon ?
. Pity you're having trouble with music, as I am , hope they find a cure soon.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Easy solution to the music - just load them on to a USB stick. We have had no issues at all with the touchscreen using this - you get the labum artwork then as well if you have attached it to the music file.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts