Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I should post this warning:

It appears that the 208 1.2 Allure does not have a OIL WARNING LIGHT, and this might be the same for other models in the 208 range.
Even though the manual states the is one, I noticed the display does not show the oil check when starting the car.
I checked with the dealer and they have told me that the car has no oil level sensor and warning light, and that it looks like only the top spec. cars have (eg the GTi).

So if you don't already, then manually CHECK your oil level regularly.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, my 1.2 Active definitely has an oil warning light in the speedometer. It lookslike an old style oil can andis to the left of the STOP indicator at the bottom of the speedometer (see the attached image). Itcomes on for acouple of seconds when I turn on the ignition (and hopefully not when I'm actually driving). If your Allure has the automatic oil check system then it is likely that this warning lamp may well be omitted.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
HI, With the electronic oil level check on your GTI do you still have the oil pressure warning lamp on the dashboard ??

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the electronic oil check on your 1.2 Allure do you see any message in the matrix display for the oil check when turning the ignition key as stated in the manual?
This is what I am not getting, so now wondering if I have a fault.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the replies
I will have to get the dealer to check this out, would be odd that the 1.2 Active has oil check light, and the 1.2 Allure doesn't, so looks like I have some sort of fault.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, As I understand it the Allure and higher spec models have an automatic oil level check system which displays on the dashboard when the ignition is turned on. This should show if the oil level is OK or if it is too low. There should also be a warning indicator to show if the oil pressure drops to an unacceptably low level while the engine is actually running. I would have thought that this would be separate from the oil level check system since it serves a completely different purpose.
My 1.2 Active has an oil pressure warning lamp (as described earlier in this thread) but doesn't have the oil level check system so I have to depend on the dipstick for this. I can't imagine that higher spec models don't have an oil pressure warning system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys there is no oil warning light. The only light that that has anything to do with the oil is the oil pressure light. If this light goes on your engine is basically toast.

There is however, a oil level check message. When you turn the car on, it displays "0IL 0K" or something to that effect.

As far as I know all the GT/GTis have it. Unsure about the base spec 208s though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts