Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just a quick note to introduce myself.

We are expecting a white 208 5 door Feline 115ps in early November 2012.

Spoken to the dealer yesterday and the current build date is 24th October 2012.

This will be my wife's car but as she is less interested in owners forums I thought that I would join instead.

She is a little aprehensive about the new car as at current she is driving around is a 2.2 TDCi Smax, which she agrees is now fair to big now the kids are a little older and their associated stuff is getting smaller, but more expensive strangely. (no more pushchairs more ipods!!)

We have had two peugeotsin the pastand good one 306 2.0 HDi
, then a very bad one 307 2.0 XSi (petrol) which was a dog
. Strangely even the dealer agreed that the 307 was rubbish and things have moved on since then, I suppose only time will tell.

There was a choice between the 208 and a Fiesta, we are both big Ford fans, but the 208 won it on styling, spec and zero Road Tax, as she hates paying road tax.

Has anyone had a spolier fitted to a non THP model, really considering it as it fishes off the back end but the list price is hard to swollow, seems very expensive especially compared to the £250 we paid to have one fitted to the old 307.

Well thats us, playing the waiting game and keeping on eye on the site for hints and tips and more importantly the niggles and issues expeirenced by others.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the site, you are getting the same model as me - I have owned around 30 cars in my life from Porsches , bm's & merc to Corsair & Sunbeam - and I have to say this is one of the best so far - have covered 1250 miles in 2 weeks - I do around 500 /week - averaging 65 to gallon at fast motorway speeds, compared to my previous 2 year old Polo this is much better _ I'm sure these motoring journalist are on a kick back from motor manufacturers - No problems at all with the Peugeot except the wireless
coming on when you start up - I'll get used to it
- like all the touches like full sized alloy spare, driving position is great - when I got comfortable in the Polo the steering wheel blocked out top half of the dials !

I'm sure you'll both be very pleased

Rich

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site!

I would expect some aftermarket accessories such asspoilersto hit the market over the coming months which are normally considerably cheaper so it might be worth holding off to see what happens.

The S-Max is a fair size mind, bet its like driving a van!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen the details/instructions of how the Peugeot 208 spoiler is fitted and would no way attempt it myself as it involves removing existing brake light and drilling into the bodywork!!!! not for the fant hearted - leave it to the professionals, as a perceived saving could cost much more if things go wrong.

May see what negotiations we can do with the dealership and screw them down a little, can get 10% straight off via voucher on their website, there must be more in it as I assume most of the cost is in the labour, as the brochurestates it takes 2.9 hours to fit.

With ref to the S MAX, to be honest it is a surprising planted/spritely drive, for a big bus - which I think is helped by the big diesel engine (2.2 175bhp), as I would assume that the smaller engines would struggle with the weight. I would describe it as refined and a nice drive but expensive to run, especially on fuel (ave 35mpg) and tyres £250 per corner ouch!!, especially when a front set only last about 12,000 miles, a combination of nose weight and wife's lead foot.

Here's hoping the running cost will reduce and the 208 is a perfect choice for what will be the second family car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts