Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking about a Peugeot 208 but I am having difficulty and panic wondering which engine to choose. I would like the following economy. The car I have at the moment is hyundai i30 diesel 1.6, its okay on long distance but hates it round town which hesitates a lot, fluttering, losing power, no engine light. Anyways, this is why I panic because also I thought about the diesel 1.6 92bhp 5 speed which worries me because of 5 speed, revs not lowering enough to economy, and top of the range.
Can anyone tell me what fuel consumptions they are getting with either 1.2 vti, 1.4vti petrols and the 1.6 diesel 92bhp 5 speed and the 6 speed top of the range model feline

I do 50% motorway and 50% town driving, shopping from one to next sometimes 10 miles away shops and motorway way over 140miles.

I would be glad for your words and I am hoping for some hope.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, Daz,

It may take some time but I strongly recommend you to test drive as many variations of engine as possible. I am sure your local Peugeot dealer would not mind letting you test drive all the versions they have.

Preference of the different engines types, especially the diesel V.S petrol is a very personal thing and only you can decide which suites you better.

Personally I think a 1.6 e-Hdi diesel is the best all arounder. I haven't driven the 92 hp version but the 6 speed 112 HP e-hdi.
It has the best of both word, the economy and enough torque and power to make you feel well satisfied on any type of road. Also may I remind you that the stop and start system of e-hdi is just fantastic. It does not only give better fuel economy but having the engine stopped at traffic jam is a must have if you get stuck often in urban areas. -Not to mention that unlike any other stop and start systems of other brands, the engine starts up agian without any vibration like magic when you press the accelerator.

On the otherhand, I have heared other people saying that their preferred engine is a three cylinder 1.2 engine. Because it sounds good, revs well and economical.

But again, the best thing to do is to TEST DRIVE them!

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts