Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all and just to introduce myself, My name is rob and I am 56 years of age but still a teenager at heart. I will be picking up a 63 plate 208 gti on the 10/03/2014 with under 1k miles on the clock for £13.994. After having a skoda fabra vrs 14 twin charger for a year I got shot of it because it was so ugly and used more oil than petrol. I traded it in for a ford focus titanium tdi 2011 this car was fantastic all extras possible I loved it until a smart car left me at the lights OK after 20mph it was dust in my rear view mirror how ever it had to go. My wife owns a 5008 and after 2.5 years has never let us down so used to peugeot.
The thing that bugs me most is all the reviews rates the fiesta st as the best, I did test drive one and loved it but the style I think is more for a young person only. the 208 gti seems to apeal to all ages.
This is the thing I can get my head round all the reviews state a st is 2k cheeper than a 208 gti yes this is true if you buy a st1 go to a st 2 and add the extras to bring in up to the same spec as the gti its costs more and thats with out rear parking sensors. hope i havan't gone one to much, looking foward to picking my 208gti up.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Welcome to the forum rob, and welcome to the area. Another one for the east :p

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
G'day Rob, I'm sure you'll love the GTi. Had mine 6 months and still can't stop grinning ! What colour did you go for ? Seem to be a lot of black and white around, but I'm in the minority. I love my red GTi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts