Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I've just replaced the battery on my 2015 208, as it decided to die on me. (Ungrateful little swine).馃が馃が馃が

Now comes the kick in the teeth. The engine management light has come on and the system is telling me that it needs repairing.

Am I correct in thinking that I need to get the car into Arbury to have the systems reset? 馃樀

Any advice / help much appreciated.

A confused Pegasus

Registered
Hello, I work in automotive electronics and have seen this a couple of times. Not sure if Peugeot has voltage monitoring but if a battery gets low the voltages to the dash, ECU, sensors are all reduced. Sometimes even causes the car to enter limp home mode. As cars get smarter and more complex a small loss of voltage can be all the difference.

Fastest way to a definite answer is get the codes read. Determine the area to look at and heck could be a simple clear and away you go. I got one from Amazon cheap and never looked back. Worth every penny.

First thing I would be doing is going back. Check both battery terminals are tight, correctly seated and making good contact.

Check the new battery voltage is 12-13v and is indeed the correct battery for your car. Seen new dead batteries (not common yet not unheard of) and sometimes the wrong battery can be offered. Worth a check :)

You could try and remove the battery for 15 minutes to let the ECU reset. I assume no radio codes would be lost in your vehicle??? Then reconnect battery and see what happens.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Sorted. Wasn't the 馃が battery at fault. Main engine fan control unit was buggered.

Damned thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts