Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Soon I will be a proud owner of Feline 208! This will not only be a brand new car but my very first one too. I have had a license for over 8 years but never got to get a car.

I ordered the car at the end of September. It is a factory order so will have to wait two more months. God, it's dragging. I have been checking everything about my white feline. It is quite obsessive.

I love the wheel and the sports wheels and the panoramic roof.

I cannot wait for my Xmas present!

Any other ladies who also ordered 208?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site,

Congratulations on your 208 purchase and your first car

I think there are one or two other ladies on here too so you shouldn't be alone!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Hi White feline,

I also have a feline, is yours the 3 or 5 Door? Mine is the 3 in virtual blue and its great. The roof is amazing in the sun but is even better at night. I'm very obsessive about mine, looked at getting him a spoiler but at about 600 I'll not bother. Its great to driven the small steering wheel is dead easy to get on with, I put pics in the gallery, look forward to seeing pics when u get her.

Happy driving Sarah

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there,

Mine is 5 door. Actually, I had a phone call from the dealer yesterday. I will have my baby in 4 weeks!!! It's a big surprise, as I was expecting her beg of January, so it will be an early Christmas present for me. Gosh, I can't wait.
Will look at your pictures. I love the wheel too. Lots of ppl are complaining about the wheel position. I actually like look at the dials from above rather than through the wheel. Panoramic roof top is a must in the UK; we don't get much sun shine here. Oh seats, those are great too.
When I had a test drive I starting panicking at first, as the car wasn't creeping when I released the break, not like in Fiesta. Does the car roll back or does it have a hill assist?

Baz, can they do that? Was is a factory order? Shark Grey is nice too. The bonus is you won't have to clean it as much.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Great news, roll on 4 weeks

I love the steering wheel, don't know why people don't like it. I really like looking over the wheel at the dials too.

I'm not sure about the hill assist. I read about it in my handbook when I was flicking through it, but mine definitely rolled back when I tried it the other day. I need to have a good look in the handbook again. Maybe it needs switching on ""“ I'll have a play over the weekend.

I'm sure I'll still be cleaning it all the time! It does hide the dirt but I'm very sad when it comes to having a clean car ""“ I'm out there for hours. Drives the missus mad!!
I had a white 207 before this so know what it's like. Still better than the black car I had before that though. NEVER again!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
funny i am going from having two white cars . fiat 500 sport and my currant car alfa mito to a nearly black car {merello black } not seen it yet though . i have some great waxes to keep it looking great hopefully

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Black is much worse than white to keep clean! It shows EVERY little mark. It does help to keep it properly waxed. I used to spend hours washing, claying, polishing and waxing it but it wouldn't stay good for long! I would maintain it in between washes with a detail spray to keep it clean. Nightmare! Mind you, I am a fussy b*****d! My white car was much easier to maintain, it just shows all the fallout and tar spots more.

The Morello black might not be as bad though where it has a deep red colour in it as well. Might help to hide some of the dirt. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Feline is Stop-Start. Does that mean I have hill assist, too?
White cars are somehow a very popular choice these days. My brother has got a Porsche and Land Rover in white and they look very attractive. My Feline will look the best, as it's mine and only mine.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Whitefeline,

I have a Feline 115hp diesel and it's great - hard to believe it's a diesel ! - and love the colour - spirit grey - pics in the Gallery -- You only get hill assist with auto boxes, not with stop/start manual , - but you do bet blue lights in the roof - much more important ! -

You'll Love it !

Rich

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi there,

Mine is 1.6 diesel, automatic stop-start. So should have hill assist. Will let you know how it works. The dealer told me that doesn't roll back for 2 seconds, so that the driver gets enough time to switch from the break to accelerator.

The blue light must be wicked at night. All those little touches make it a very stylish car. Let's hope the 208 is more reliable than the the two previous models.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts