Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I´m writing from Brazil and would like to share my Peugeot 208.

As most of people might not know Brazil market, Peugeot never offered 206 nor 207 in sport versions such as GTI , GTI 180, RC. Nor the 208 is being offered so far. There is some expectation that it may arrive next year...

So I had to go with the top version which is not like a GTI but it is fine for me so far.

My 208 is a Griffe 1.6 16V VTI Automatic Gearbox which here in Brazil accepts gasoline or ethanol fuel and also has the panoramic glass roof. The only bad part is that automatic gearbox is 4-speed, so the performance is not the best. But for my city (Sao Paulo) it is ok, as my average speed here every week is around 18-20km/h (11-12mph) and 4, 5 or 6 speed doesn´t make much difference.

Pictures (click on those thumbnails if you want to see it bigger):
Original as it arrived:

After 2 months, 2.300km in the clock, with some upgrades:

Some of the upgrades:
- roof spoiler
- sport pedals and footrest
- sill protectors
- original 18" wheels and tires from 308cc (Lincancabur , 225/40/18)
- dual exhaust tip
- rear bumper frame for the dual exhaust tip
- 4300K Morimoto Xenon Kit for the low beam and fog lights
- leds for the rear license plate

Additional modz completed:
- unlock SMEG for video playback and smart mirroring from the smartphone (Android, via Miracast)

- installed european 208 speedo, as I prefer the needle style for fuel/temp gauges and also the high resolution dot matrix central trip computer. I installed it but found that Brazilian model didn´t have the separate cable/connector for the central cluster trip computer. So I had to rebuild the original cable as the european version to make it happen. All is working smooth now and planning to upgrade to the feline version, with blue illumination surrounds

- GTI steering wheels (see pics below)
- GTI / XY / Feline seats but with leather finish (see pics below)
Edited by: erick3.14

·
Registered
33 Posts
Erick, brazilian doubts! haha

Your unlocked SMEG: what does it do better than the original? It can read videos from Pen Drives? Did you pot the CD/DVD drive in your glove compartment? Where did you buy and how much did you pay? I have the SMEG maps with Radar Points from RT6, if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luiz,
I'm still finishing SMEG unlock.
In fact I'm an electronic engineer and I'm touch with a guy specialized in unlocking SatNav systems from BMW, Jaguar, Audi, VW who is helping me with that. In fact it worked initially but I need some time to finish it properly.
When installed, video unlock is just for Video input via RCA cables. So I used ipod for video playback, and also my mobile phone for that. no video playback via usb as SMEG has no capabilities for video decoding at this moment.
About radar base and danger zone, did you get that with Felipe from C4 Club? Because if you got it from him, I prepared the files and shared with him... I was working on the port for 208 from RT6 in the last month...

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I have not updated nor posted anything around here, just would like to update all the latest updates:

1- Feline Thp165 seats , with leather and red stitching: as the Feline/XY/GTI seats are not offered here in Brazil in the 208, I had to find the same seats and install into my car

2- GTI steering wheel

3- rear mirror covers , wheels and also chrome front surrounds, all with liquid vynil in pearl grey

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice car!

Where did you bought the rear spoiler?

You thinking of getting GTI arches to?

16 100 732 80 Left Front Arch
16 100 733 80 Right Front Arch

16 097 164 80 Left Arch (Think it was rear)
16 097 162 80 Rear Arch (Think it was rear)

16 097 169 80 Left Treshold (are they called treshold, on the side below the doors?)
16 097 168 80 Right Treshold

98 030 589 80 Left Fittings

98 030 588 80 Right Fittings

98 044 427 80 fÃste nedre list

98 044 428 80 fÃste pÃ¥ bakskÃrm

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bim said:
Very nice car!

Where did you bought the rear spoiler?

You thinking of getting GTI arches to?

16 100 732 80 Left Front Arch
16 100 733 80 Right Front Arch

16 097 164 80 Left Arch (Think it was rear)
16 097 162 80 Rear Arch (Think it was rear)

16 097 169 80 Left Treshold (are they called treshold, on the side below the doors?)
16 097 168 80 Right Treshold

98 030 589 80 Left Fittings

98 030 588 80 Right Fittings

98 044 427 80  fÃste nedre list

98 044 428 80 fÃste pÃ¥ bakskÃrm
Hi mate
Thanks for the feedback and comments.
I have no plan to order the wheel arches as the original ones need to drill the original bumpers and also the metallic part of the car as the gti originally have those parts drilled for proper fitting . At least for now I have no plans for that.

I have been looking for the side skirts but not easy to get them as well and might drop the idea

The rear spoiler I got the original one from the gti.got it on a peugeot dealer but you can also find on ebay for example

Now I 'm also working in a new fiber part for the rear bumper to be more aggressive. When it is ready I will share it here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, Only drilling on the fender? Not on the bumpers, i thought they where only glued?
The sideskirts are not drilled anyway(?) Fittings "98 030 589 80,98 030 588 80 Right Fittings ,98 044 427 80,98 044 428 80"

Didnt you need to drill for the rear spoiler? :).

My car is here (if not okay to put in picture, i will remove) unfortunately the rims is a tad to small (16") But im thinking of getting some coilovers, and maybe it will look like in the second picture, if the ride height is not to low.

Looking forward to see the rear bumper more aggressive :).

If you want me to remove picture, only say so :).
Original:

About 30-40mm (something like that):

Coilovers: 40-60mm (something like that):

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bim said:
Okay, Only drilling on the fender? Not on the bumpers, i thought they where only glued?
The sideskirts are not drilled anyway(?) Fittings "98 030 589 80,98 030 588 80 Right Fittings ,98 044 427 80,98 044 428 80"

Didnt you need to drill for the rear spoiler? :).

My car is here (if not okay to put in picture, i will remove) unfortunately the rims is a tad to small (16") But im thinking of getting some coilovers, and maybe it will look like in the second picture, if the ride height is not to low.

Looking forward to see the rear bumper more aggressive :).

If you want me to remove picture, only say so :).
Original:

About 30-40mm (something like that):

Coilovers: 40-60mm (something like that):
Hi Bim !
Not a problem for your pictures.
You are right? the rear spoiler I had to drill it and glue it. But the side arches, the original ones for the GTI, they are done for fitting in the original holes of the rear/front bumper and also for the front/rear fenders. If I could get the original parts, maybe I can replicate it and just glue it on top of the bumper and chassis.
The problem is that here in Brazil there is only 5door version, no 3door are available. So we will need to modify it to properly fit in the 5door, as I guess it will have some issues in the edge close to the rear doors.

I just got some pictures of the rear bumper piece done in fiber , today. Will try to share it later here to give some idea.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bim,
these are the pictures for the part I have been working on to try to have a more aggressive rear bumper:

Developing the new part design in fiber:

Assembling in the rear bumper and testing :

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sick man :D.

Do you have any more pictures of the dual exhaust tips, 1,6 VTI does it not have the bend tip towards the ground, like the 1,2?

Dual exhaust tip, you got it from a dealer? :)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bim said:
Sick man :D.

Do you have any more pictures of the dual exhaust tips, 1,6 VTI does it not have the bend tip towards the ground, like the 1,2?

Dual exhaust tip, you got it from a dealer? :)
my current dual exhaust tip I build using regular single tip. Soldered both in a Y pipe and installed in the original exhaust.
And for the bumper I used the 206RC bumper moulding.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick update for the fiberglass parts

This is the rear roof spoiler we developed here. Used my original one as reference

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got my car the way I wanted:

- rear diffuser with dual exhaust

- GTI cluster and moodlight(not original) both in red, so a perfect color match

For those curious, this is the Rear Spoiler we developed here in fiberglass as an alternative for those looking for a cheaper solution instead of original Peugeot.

Now I´m selling the rear diffuser and rear spoiler for Brazil market/208 owners with a price around £100 for any of them.

·
Super Moderator
270 Posts
can you tell me how to change the moodlight to red please how what do I need to do. Don't even know how to get access to it.
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts